Business
Chinese Fishermen Freed After Cameroon Kidnap
Kidnappers released seven Chinese fishermen hijacked last week in their boat off the coast of Cameroon, a Chinese embassy official said on Thursday.
The official, who requested anonymity, said the crew were released on Wednesday evening but gave no further details.
Their vessel, one of many Chinese fishing boats in West African waters, was hijacked last week by a group calling itself the “Africa Marine Commando”, the latest in a series of attacks on shipping in the Gulf of Guinea.
The group, which has no known history of attacks in waters off the disputed Bakassi peninsula, had demanded a cash ransom, though it was unclear if one was paid.
A Cameroonian foreign ministry official said earlier in the week that government policy is never to pay a ransom.
Chinese and Cameroonian authorities had been negotiating for the release of the hostages.
Business
Boat Mishap Kills Pastor, Wife And Church Members In Brass Water
Business
Rivers Workers Seek Scrapping Of Contributory Pension Scheme
Business
FG Begins South-West Tour To Promote New Cooperative Bank
-
Editorial3 days agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Nation3 days agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Holds Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Oil & Energy3 days agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Sports3 days agoOparaodu Urges Rivers United To Win Katsina United
-
Politics3 days ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
Politics3 days ago
Reps Speaker Secures APC Return Ticket For Fifth Term
-
Sports3 days ago” Nigeria’s best domestic players are not in NPFL”
-
Politics3 days ago
Primaries: Diri Lauds APC’s Unity, Cohesion In Bayelsa
