News
Nigerian Army, MNJTF Collaborate Against Boko Haram
The Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, Major-General Rogers Nicholas yesterday reiterated the commitment of the Nigerian Army to cooperate with the Multi National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.
Nicholas gave the assurance when the Task Force Commander MNJTF, Major-General Lucky Irabo, visited the Military Command and Control Centre, Maimalari cantonment, Maiduguri.
Nicholas said that the command was working in collaboration with the MNJTF in the ongoing clearance operation to route out remnant of Boko Haram insurgents in North-East and Lake Chad region.
“The meeting is to rub minds on the ongoing operations. We have soldiers in the frontline conducting the ongoing operation.”
Irabor added that the visit was to enable them to interact with the Theatre Commander on how to check the common security threats and enhance peace in the region.
He disclosed that he had earlier paid a similar visit to military commands in Cameroon, Chad and Niger Republic.
The Task Force Commander added that the visiting teams comprised commanders of various military formations working under the MNJTF.
Our correspondent reports that the MNJTF was constituted by countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC), to check security threats by the Boko Haram insurgency.
The participating countries are Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, Chad and Benin Republic.
Our correspondent also reports that Nigerian troops under the operation DEEP PUNCH II, liberated about 1,000 persons from Boko Haram captivity in the Lake Chad region in the past two weeks.
The troops killed several insurgents, wounded many others, including its factional leader, Mamman Nur, while many others fled the ongoing military offensive in the region.
The troops also recovered high calibre weapons, trucks, animals and other items from the insurgents.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
News
RSG INAUGURATES ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE DAY COMMITTEE
The Rivers State Government has inaugurated a Central Planning Committee to organize the celebration of the 2026 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (AFRD) in the State.
The committee was formally inaugurated by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Benibo Anabraba in Port Harcourt, last Thursday.
Dr Anabraba who also serves as Chairman of the Committee
highlighted the State Government’s deep appreciation for the sacrifices of Nigeria’s fallen heroes who laid down their lives for the nation’s peace and unity.
“These heroes have given their lives for the security and peace of our nation and deserve to be celebrated. The Armed Forces Remembrance Day is an opportunity to show our gratitude for their sacrifice,” he said.
Dr. Anabraba further extended recognition to all Security Agencies in the State, emphasizing the importance of the event in appreciating their contributions to national security and sovereignty.
The annual Armed Forces Remembrance Day, observed on January 15 across the country is dedicated to remember Nigeria’s departed soldiers and honouring the nation’s veterans.
