Niger Delta
Edo Assembly Wants Legislative Quarters Renovation Contract Revoked
The Edo State House of Assembly has called on Governor Godwin Obaseki to revoke the ongoing renovation contract of the legislative quarters over the slow pace and shoddy job being carried out by the contractor.
The Speaker, Blessing Agbebaku, who made the call during plenary, urged the Governor to re-award the contract to a more competent contractor who would complete the renovation work in record time.
Agbebaku said, “Sequel to the resolution of the house during the executive session on the slow pace and shoddy job being carried out by the contractor, we resolve as follows.
“That the Edo State Government is hereby called upon, as a matter of urgency, to revoke the renovation work at the legislative quarters.
“We also request that the governor re-awards the contract to a more competent contractor who can complete the renovation work in record time”.
The Tide source reports that the house also passed a motion calling on the State Government to address the flooding problem in Evbuotubu Community in Egor Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
Moving the motion under matters of urgent public importance, Natasha Osawaru (PDP, Egor) said the people of Evbuotubu Community had been plagued by stagnant flood water for the past 15 years.
ln her consequential motion, which was seconded by Kingsley Ugabi (APC, Etsako East), Osawaru said the stagnant water had damaged the road leading to six communities in the LGA.
She, therefore, called on the State Government to come to the aid of the people of Uselu and Evbuotubu and other communities affected by addressing the problem.
Other lawmakers who supported the motion, said their various constituencies were also affected by the perennial flooding and called for urgent attention to solve the flooding problem in the state.
The Speaker, thereafter, directed the clerk of the house, Yahaya Omogbai, to forward copies of the resolution to relevant authorities.
Meanwhile, the house has assured Edo National Voice (ENV) that it would look into its petition to the house bordering on seizure of five months statutory allocation of the Benin Traditional Council.
Earlier, the group, led by Mr Iyamu Osaro, on Wednesday submitted a petition to the house drawing its attention to the alleged seizure of the Benin traditional council’s five months statutory allocation.
Niger Delta
Oborevwori Launches Medical Outreach For Children With Special Needs
Niger Delta
UniCal Commits To Nursing Education Dev In C’River
Niger Delta
Agency Demolishes Illegal Roadside Structures In Delta N8 by … Clears Street Traders
-
Politics4 days agoAPC Releases Adjusted Timetable For Nationwide Congresses, Convention
-
Sports3 days ago
DG NIS Wants NSC Board Constituted, Seeks Increased In Funding
-
Business3 days agoCustoms Seek Support To Curb Smuggling In Ogun
-
Featured3 days agoINEC Proposes N873.78bn For 2027 Elections, N171bn For 2026 Operations
-
Sports3 days agoSWAN Rivers Set-up Five Functional Committees
-
News3 days ago
Police Bust Kidnapping Syndicate In PH
-
Sports3 days ago
NSC Disburses N200m Training Grants To 26 Athletes
-
Sports3 days ago
‘NTF Will Build On Davis Cup Success For Brighter Future’
