Education
80,000 Sit For Rescheduled UTME
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, Saturday, expressed satisfaction over the conduct of the rescheduled 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
Adamu, who alongside the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Professor Ishaq Oloyede, monitored the exam at the Computer Based Test Centre located in Mambilla Barracks, Asokoro, Abuja, expressed delight over the smooth conduct of the exercise.
Addressing journalists at the centre, Adamu said, “I am very happy with what I have seen. Regarding the (temporary) holding room (for candidates), and the arrangement where they are taking the examination, I think everything is in order.
“Everything is okay, have you seen any problem? Perhaps they should have a class for the holding room, I think that is the only improvement they will make here,” Adamu said.
Meanwhile, JAMB’s Head of Public Affairs and Protocol, Dr Fabian Benjamin, in an interview with journalists at the venue, said about 80,000 candidates, who could not sit for the 2023 UTME within their scheduled time owing to no fault of theirs, sat for the rescheduled UTME across the country.
According to the JAMB’s spokesperson, the candidates affected include those who were verified at their centres but could not sit the examination, those who could not be biometrically verified, and those with mismatched data, among other.
He said the deployment of innovations in the conduct of the exam paid off bountifully as the exercise recorded the lowest reported cases of infractions.
“In this year’s UTME, the issue of examination malpractices was reduced to almost zero level,” Benjamin said.
On when the results of the rescheduled UTME would be released by the examination body, Benjamin said the board’s management will analyse the conduct of the exercise after its conclusion before it will make a decision on that.
The Tide Correspondent gathered that the board on Tuesday released the results of candidates who had earlier taken part in the exam, which commenced on Tuesday, April 25, 2023.
A total of 1,586,765 candidates registered for the 2023 UTME.
Education
UNIPort Senate Grants Two-Year Amnesty to U2010–U2018 Students
Education
Education Commissioner Seeks media collaboration in Rivers
The River State Commissioner for Education, Dr Peters Nwagor has called on media practitioners in Rivers State to deploy their various communication platforms toward promoting government programmes and policies aimed at achieving sustainable development in the education sector. Dr. Nwagor made the appeal when members of the Etche Ethnic Practicing Journalists (EEPJ) paid him a courtesy visit in Office in Port Harcourt. The Commissioner emphasized the strategic role of the media in shaping public perception, promoting government initiatives, and supporting policies capable of improving the quality of education and human capital development in the state. According to him, constructive media engagement remains essential in creating public awareness on educational reforms, students’ welfare, infrastructural improvements, and other interventions being implemented by the state government. Speaking on the recent appro
Education
IAUE holds 44th convocation May 8–9
-
Maritime4 hours agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
-
Environment2 hours agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
Environment2 hours agoNEWSAN Urges Investment For Water And Sanitation services
-
Oil & Energy3 hours agoSEED: FG To Train 6,000 Energy Professionals
-
Environment2 hours agoNGOs Task Media On Investing In Climate Literacy
-
Maritime4 hours agoLagos Records Major Gains In Road, Rail, Water Transport —Osiyemi
-
Maritime4 hours agoCustoms Harps On Human-led AI Governance –As Customs Digital Reforms Generate N230Bn
-
News6 hours agoAfenifere Raises Alarm Over Attacks On Oyo Schools …Says Yorubaland Now Under Siege
