Education
2019 UTME: JAMB Warns Candidates Against Fraudsters …Begins Sale Of Forms, Jan 10
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has called on prospective candidates to disregard advertisements in the social media announcing sales of registration documents with some illegal centres and subject combinations.
The board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin gave the warning in an interview with newsmen last Tuesday in Lagos.
He said:”It has come to the notice of the board that some fraudsters have listed out centres for the examination and in the process, inserted some illegal ones.
“Let me state here that all the processes concerning the board can only be done by approved Computer Based Centres (CBT).”
According to Benjamin, over 700 centres have so far been accredited for the conduct of the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) scheduled to commence on March 16.
He said JAMB would soon publish the list of all approved centres in all its state offices nationwide to guide prospective candidates in choosing centres nearest to them.
He announced that the sales of registration documents for the examination would commence on January 10.
“Already, the list of over 700 accredited centres for this examination has been uploaded on our website.
“But we have not published any advert concerning all the processes, we are hoping to do so soon.
“Precisely, before the commencement of the sales of the forms just as we will paste the list of all the accredited CBT centres at all our state offices nationwide.
“This is to guide the candidates towards the examination processes in order not to fall prey to these fraudsters who are bent on finding ways of causing pains to innocent Nigerians,” Benjamin said.
He said candidates can also go to the “playstore app” on their mobile phones and download “jambibass” to get authentic information especially as regards subject and course combinations among others.
Education
UNIPort Senate Grants Two-Year Amnesty to U2010–U2018 Students
Education
Education Commissioner Seeks media collaboration in Rivers
The River State Commissioner for Education, Dr Peters Nwagor has called on media practitioners in Rivers State to deploy their various communication platforms toward promoting government programmes and policies aimed at achieving sustainable development in the education sector. Dr. Nwagor made the appeal when members of the Etche Ethnic Practicing Journalists (EEPJ) paid him a courtesy visit in Office in Port Harcourt. The Commissioner emphasized the strategic role of the media in shaping public perception, promoting government initiatives, and supporting policies capable of improving the quality of education and human capital development in the state. According to him, constructive media engagement remains essential in creating public awareness on educational reforms, students’ welfare, infrastructural improvements, and other interventions being implemented by the state government. Speaking on the recent appro
Education
IAUE holds 44th convocation May 8–9
-
Editorial3 days agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Nation3 days agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Holds Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Oil & Energy3 days agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Sports3 days agoOparaodu Urges Rivers United To Win Katsina United
-
Politics3 days ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
Politics3 days ago
Reps Speaker Secures APC Return Ticket For Fifth Term
-
Sports3 days ago” Nigeria’s best domestic players are not in NPFL”
-
Politics3 days ago
Primaries: Diri Lauds APC’s Unity, Cohesion In Bayelsa
