News
#EndSARS: Monarch Sues For Calm, Decries Killing, Arson
The Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, has frowned at unwarranted killing, maiming and destruction of property, occasioned by the EndSARS protests that have engulfed some parts of Ondo State.
Oba Aladelusi stated this in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Michael Adeyeye, yesterday in Akure.
The royal father appealed for calm and restraint, saying that the protests had been hijacked by hoodlums.
According to him, the suspension of the protests will afford government and security agencies the opportunity to apprehend the miscreants who had taken advantage of the situation to embark on destruction and looting of both private and government property across the state.
He, however, commended Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu for the proactive measures, which he had taken so far, particularly by compensating those who lost their valuables to this crises.
Oba Aladetoyinbo expressed support for the government’s resolve to apprehend the hoodlums, with a view to making them face the full wrath of the law.
He also appreciated the youth in Akure, the state capital, for coming together to salvage the situation, notwithstanding their different political affiliations.
“It is an understatement to say that your fruitful efforts helped in restoring normalcy in Akure. His Majesty salutes your courage in this regard.
“He is equally happy with the cleaning activities carried out in all major roads and streets in Akure by the youth and sincerely appreciates the youth and all the quarter chiefs for their remarkable efforts,” the statement said.
Oba Aladetoyinbo, while urging the youth to channel their genuine grievances to the appropriate quarters through democratic means, added that they should be on the look-out so that all the criminal elements among them could be flushed out.
He noted that there was no iota of doubt that their voice had been heard loud and clear by the appropriate authorities.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
News
RSG INAUGURATES ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE DAY COMMITTEE
The Rivers State Government has inaugurated a Central Planning Committee to organize the celebration of the 2026 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (AFRD) in the State.
The committee was formally inaugurated by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Benibo Anabraba in Port Harcourt, last Thursday.
Dr Anabraba who also serves as Chairman of the Committee
highlighted the State Government’s deep appreciation for the sacrifices of Nigeria’s fallen heroes who laid down their lives for the nation’s peace and unity.
“These heroes have given their lives for the security and peace of our nation and deserve to be celebrated. The Armed Forces Remembrance Day is an opportunity to show our gratitude for their sacrifice,” he said.
Dr. Anabraba further extended recognition to all Security Agencies in the State, emphasizing the importance of the event in appreciating their contributions to national security and sovereignty.
The annual Armed Forces Remembrance Day, observed on January 15 across the country is dedicated to remember Nigeria’s departed soldiers and honouring the nation’s veterans.
