Business
Customs Ejects Illegal Occupants From Barracks
The Nigerian Customs
Service (NCS) has embarked on the ejection of all illegal occupants from its barracks across the country.
This exercise follows the earlier notice which was given by the customs authority demanding all occupants of customs barracks across the country whose stay there is not authorised by the right authority to vacate their accommodation.
Affected in the exercise are those who have retired from the service, and are still occupying such apartments; those that are squatting with friends or relatives, as well as those who through one way or another made their way to the barracks, but their residence in the barracks is unknown to the appropriate customs authority.
According to the customs spokes man Wale Adeniyi, the authorities of the NCS have to embark on the eviction exercise due to numerous abuse of accommodation processes in the barracks across the country.
He said that a notice to that effect had been issued earlier in February this year, pointing out that the customs authority will no longer fold its hand and watch some persons abuse the processes of securing accommodations in the barracks across the country.
For those who have retired from service, but are yet to receive their gratuities, the customs spokes man said that the non payment of gratuities is not enough reason that will make any retired officer still stay in the barracks.
Adeniyi therefore urged the affected persons to comply with the order, as those who will resist will be ejected by force.
Business
RIVERS NUJ BACKS BONNY TOURISM, TASKS MEDIA ON DEVELOPMENT REPORTING
Business
Jonathan, Diri, Others Laud Firm’s Milestone in Bayelsa …Says Project Will Drive Industrialisation, Create Jobs
Business
AKG To Purchase More Aircraft —-Targets 10 Fleets this Year
-
News3 days agoRSG Targets Nine Million Residents in Mosquito Net Distribution Campaign
-
Oil & Energy3 days agoAiyedatiwa Signs New Electricity Bill
-
Oil & Energy3 days agoNLNG Commissions Research And Innovation Centre In RSU
-
Maritime3 days agoMarine Minister Commends President Tinubu On NPERA Bill Assent
-
News3 days agoKenPoly Holds Eight Convocations, August 29
-
News3 days agoRSG Begins Another Phase of Projects Commissioning Today
-
News3 days agoRMAFC Completes Revenue Sharing Review, Proposes New Pay
-
Maritime3 days agoNAGAFF Petitions IGP Over Alleged Maritime Police Harassment
