News
Tinubu Suspends REA Mgt Team, Appoints New One
President Bola Tinubu has approved the indefinite suspension of the Managing Director/CEO of the Rural Electrification Agency (REA), Ahmad Salihijo Ahmad, alongside three Executive Directors of the agency.
A statement by Chief Ajuri Ngelale, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, said this followed a comprehensive investigation into the financial activities of the agency.
The President also approved the appointment of Abba Abubakar Aliyu as the new Managing Director/CEO of the agency in acting capacity with immediate effect.
The new appointees of the agency are, Ayoade Gboyega as Executive Director, Corporate Services and Umar Abdullahi Umar as Executive Director, Technical Services.
Others are, Doris Uboh as Executive Director, Rural Electrification Fund (REF), and Olufemi Akinyelure as Head of Project Management Unit, Nigeria Electrification Project.
Ngelale said the suspended officials, alongside the former managing director are, Olaniyi Alaba Netufo, Executive Director, Corporate Services; Barka Sajou, Executive Director, Technical Services and Sa’adatu Balgore, Executive Director, Rural Electrification Fund.
Ngelale said the President has ordered a wider investigation into the conduct of the suspended officials in an alleged fraudulent mis-expenditure, amounting to over N1.2 billion over the past two years.
He added that some of the funds had already been recovered by the anti-graft agencies.
The spokesman said Tinubu charged all appointees to uphold the highest standards of transparency and accountability in the discharge of their duties.
He also reiterated his determination to elevate the yearnings of Nigerians for good governance and qualitative service delivery above the narrow interests of individuals entrusted to provide critical services.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
News
RSG INAUGURATES ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE DAY COMMITTEE
The Rivers State Government has inaugurated a Central Planning Committee to organize the celebration of the 2026 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (AFRD) in the State.
The committee was formally inaugurated by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Benibo Anabraba in Port Harcourt, last Thursday.
Dr Anabraba who also serves as Chairman of the Committee
highlighted the State Government’s deep appreciation for the sacrifices of Nigeria’s fallen heroes who laid down their lives for the nation’s peace and unity.
“These heroes have given their lives for the security and peace of our nation and deserve to be celebrated. The Armed Forces Remembrance Day is an opportunity to show our gratitude for their sacrifice,” he said.
Dr. Anabraba further extended recognition to all Security Agencies in the State, emphasizing the importance of the event in appreciating their contributions to national security and sovereignty.
The annual Armed Forces Remembrance Day, observed on January 15 across the country is dedicated to remember Nigeria’s departed soldiers and honouring the nation’s veterans.
