Agriculture
Fadama III Beneficiaries Lose N35m To Flood
The Fadama III Office in Adamawa has confirmed that beneficiaries of the programme lost N35 million to the 2012 flood disaster.
The state coordinator of the programme, Mr Mohammed Bello, disclosed this to newsmen in Yola recently.
Bello said that the flood damaged a total of 150 hectares of farmland, while about 76 hectares were washed away completely.
According to him, 1,053 Fadama user groups were affected.
“Our Fadama users are also among those who suffered most as a result of the flood disaster which affected farm produce worth over N35 million”.
He said that the flood devastated maize and rice farmland, fish ponds, hand dug wells for livestock, canoes, rice processing machines, nets, hooks, four culverts and pig pens, among others.
He commended the Federal Government for its intervention, saying that about 760 Fadama user groups in the state had benefitted from the gesture.
“Our farmers called us through phones and confirmed to us that they had received the Federal Government flood relief assistance”, he said.
The coordinator, however, said that arrangement had been concluded for the second phase of the assistance to the affected farmers.
Agriculture
KWASANGLaunches Cassava Processing Factory To Boost Value Chain In Kwara
Agriculture
Livestock Ministry Empowers Women, Youths For Sustainable Growth
Agriculture
FG, Ogun Distribute Inputs To 2,400 Farmers
Federal Government and the Ogun State Government, on Wednesday, distributed farm inputs to farmers as part of effort to address food security challenge.
The State Director, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Dr. Toyin Ayo-Ajayi, during the flag-off ceremony of Inputs Redemption Under The National Agricultural Growth Scheme-Agro Pocket (NAGS-AP), in Ogun State, disclosed that beneficiaries of the gesture were primarily rice, maize and cassava farmers across the State.
Ayo-Ajayi commended the Ogun State Government for partnering with the government at the centre for the effort in supporting farmers with inputs that would bring about yieldings for local consumption and likely exportation.
She noted that government is supporting rice, cassava and maize farmers with inputs worth N212,000; N189,000 and N186,000 respectively.
The Permanent Secretary in the State Ministry of Agriculture, Mrs Kehinde Jokotoye, who represented the Commissioner in the Ministry, Bolu Owotomo, stated that traditional farmers are critical in food production, hence the need to encourage and support them with inputs that would bring about desired results during harvesting.
Owotomo said: “Let us make good use of this opportunity, so that the success of this phase will make farmers benefit more from the state and federal governments of Nigeria.”
Earlier, State Coordinator, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Dr. Oluwatoyin Ayo-Ajayi, appreciated the present administration for partnering with the federal government for the initiative, adding that the programme is designed to support farmers at the grassroots level in cassava, rice and maize with inputs such as, seeds, pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, to boost their production and enhance their livelihood.
-
Politics4 days agoAPC Releases Adjusted Timetable For Nationwide Congresses, Convention
-
Sports1 day ago2026 WC: Nigeria, DR Congo Awaits FIFA Verdict Today
-
Sports4 days ago
DG NIS Wants NSC Board Constituted, Seeks Increased In Funding
-
Business4 days agoCustoms Seek Support To Curb Smuggling In Ogun
-
Featured4 days agoINEC Proposes N873.78bn For 2027 Elections, N171bn For 2026 Operations
-
Sports4 days agoSWAN Rivers Set-up Five Functional Committees
-
Sports4 days ago
NSC Disburses N200m Training Grants To 26 Athletes
-
Sports4 days ago
‘NTF Will Build On Davis Cup Success For Brighter Future’
