News
Ogun Lands Bureau Issues 3,000 Occupancy Certificates To Applicants
The Ogun government says it has so far issued additional 3,000 Certificates of Occupancy (C of O) to qualified applicants whose applications were initiated by the immediate past administration.
This, it said, was out of a total of 3,123 such applications.
Director-General, Ogun Bureau of Lands, Mr Aina Salami, disclosed these while presenting the 2021 budget of the Bureau before the House Committee on Finance and Appropriation members on Thursday in Abeokuta.
Salami said that the Bureau had been working with concerned agencies to ensure that the backlog of applications for title documents were cleared, having contacted those with various queries discovered during inspection.
On the 2021 budget, he said an estimate of N974 million, comprising N524.9 million for capital projects and the remaining N449 million for recurrent expenditure was presented.
In another development, Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Mr Odunlami Olatunji, presented the proposed 2021 budget of the ministry, which he said was to ensure its repositioning in the next fiscal year.
This, Olatunji said, would be achieved with stringent measures and strategies toward strengthening and enforcing physical planning regulations in communities across the state.
He said that such measures were aimed at promoting an orderly and pleasing environment for good living, working condition and recreation, in line with the mission of the present administration.
The commissioner said that the present administration, through the ministry, had slashed the registration rates to attract more commercial, residential and industrial partners to the state.
He said that the ministry had budgeted N1.14 billion as capital expenditure and N207 million for recurrent.
Olatunji said that N492 million was expected as revenue to government coffers.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
News
RSG INAUGURATES ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE DAY COMMITTEE
The Rivers State Government has inaugurated a Central Planning Committee to organize the celebration of the 2026 Armed Forces Remembrance Day (AFRD) in the State.
The committee was formally inaugurated by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Benibo Anabraba in Port Harcourt, last Thursday.
Dr Anabraba who also serves as Chairman of the Committee
highlighted the State Government’s deep appreciation for the sacrifices of Nigeria’s fallen heroes who laid down their lives for the nation’s peace and unity.
“These heroes have given their lives for the security and peace of our nation and deserve to be celebrated. The Armed Forces Remembrance Day is an opportunity to show our gratitude for their sacrifice,” he said.
Dr. Anabraba further extended recognition to all Security Agencies in the State, emphasizing the importance of the event in appreciating their contributions to national security and sovereignty.
The annual Armed Forces Remembrance Day, observed on January 15 across the country is dedicated to remember Nigeria’s departed soldiers and honouring the nation’s veterans.
