Business
Nestle Destroys $50m Instant Noodles In India
Nestle India Spokes
man Sameer Barde, said last Tuesday in New Delhi, that the company would destroy instant noodles worth 50 million dollars in India.
He said the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India said the Maggi-branded products contained “unsafe and hazardous” levels of lead and banned all nine available varieties, prompting Nestle to withdraw them from shop shelves.
Barde said that the company had maintained that the noodles were safe and challenged the ban in an Indian court.
He said that the process of destroying the noodles had begun and the Bombay Stock Exchange had been informed.
The spokesperson said that the value of withdrawn noodles, included stocks taken off the market as well as stocks stored in factories and distribution centers.
“There will be additional costs to take into account, for example, bringing stock from the market, transporting the stock to the destruction points, destruction costs etc.
“The final figure will have to be confirmed at a later date,” he said.
Barde said that the food regulator had also ordered tests on more noodle products by some Indian and multinational firms after banning Maggi noodles.
Maggi noodles in their yellow-and-red packages have been a familiar sight on shop shelves across India.
Business
Boat Mishap Kills Pastor, Wife And Church Members In Brass Water
Business
Rivers Workers Seek Scrapping Of Contributory Pension Scheme
Business
FG Begins South-West Tour To Promote New Cooperative Bank
-
Editorial4 days agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Education4 days agoUNIPort Senate Grants Two-Year Amnesty to U2010–U2018 Students
-
Nation4 days agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Holds Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Sports4 days agoOparaodu Urges Rivers United To Win Katsina United
-
Oil & Energy4 days agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Politics4 days ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
Sports4 days ago” Nigeria’s best domestic players are not in NPFL”
-
Politics4 days ago
Reps Speaker Secures APC Return Ticket For Fifth Term
