News
Man Offers Three-Year-Old Son For N5m After Selling Daughter
Nasarawa State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, has arrested a 42-year-old polygamous suspect for attempting to sell his three-year-old son in Lafia, the state capital.
Mohammed Mahmoud-Fari, State Commandant of the NSCDC told newsmen yesterday in Lafia that the man was arrested on Tuesday following a sting operation by the officers of the command.
According to Mahmoud-Fari, the man, who hailed from Obi Local Government Area of the state, had concluded plans to sell his son for N5m.
“Our undercover officers got wind of his plan and opened negotiation with the suspect who offered to sell the son for N5m.
“He opted to collect the money in cash and it was in the process that we arrested him in Lafia,’’ Mahmoud-Fari said.
The NSCDC boss said investigation revealed that the man has five wives and 23 children, out of which he had already sold a daughter.
Meanwhile, the suspect confessed to the crime and attributed his action to economic hardship, saying he resorted to selling his son to enable him take care of the family.
Mahmoud-Fari said the suspect will be prosecuted accordingly.
News
HYPREP Tightens Security At Project Sites
Following the rupture of the ground tank of its water facility in Ebubu Community in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State, the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) has tightened security across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
HYPREP, which dropped this hint in a statement signed by its Head of Communications, Dr Enuolare Mba-Nwigoh, said the Project Coordinator, Prof Nenibarini Zabbey had given the directive for security to be tightened across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
Mba-Nwigoh noted that the tightening of security across the project sites has become necessary to forestall interference with the facilities.
He further disclosed that following the rupture of the ground tank of the Ebubu water facility, a team led by HYPREP’s Director of Technical Services, Prof Damian-Paul Aguiyi has visited the scene of the incident to assess the situation, stressing that the water facility has been cordoned off for public safety.
The statement indicated that following the incident, HYPREP has henceforth barred non-project personnel and non-facility staff from gaining access into any of its active project sites in Ogoniland without authorisation.
While appealing to residents of Ebubu Community and the public to remain calm, the Head of Communications assured them that the Project is taking prompt steps to restore water to the community, saying, the cause of the unfortunate incident is being investigated.
He equally noted that the Chief Security Officer of HYPREP has been directed to immediately tighten security across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
The statement said HYPREP is deeply concerned about the incident, stressing that despite the setback, the Project reiterates its commitment to delivering sustainable cleanup in Ogoniland.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
-
Niger Delta3 days agoBayelsa’s Aircraft Makes Inaugural Flight…As Lawmakers, Oil Minister, NDDC’S MD Hail Diri
-
Nation4 hours ago
Hausa Community Lauds Council Boss Over Free Medical Outreach
-
Nation4 hours ago
Film Festival: Don, Others Urge Govt To Partner RIFF
-
Nation4 hours agoOgoni Power Project: HYPREP Moves To Boost Capacity Of Personnel
-
Nation4 hours ago
Association Hails Rivers LG Chairmen, Urges Expansion Of Dev Projects
-
Rivers4 hours ago
UNIPORT Moves To Tackle Insecurity … Inducts Security Experts
-
Nation4 hours ago
Traditional Rulers Advise Khana Youths To Shun Politics Of Bitterness
-
Nation4 hours ago
Foundation Gives Scholarship, Working Materials To Pupils
