Niger Delta
Joint Taskforce Threatens To Enforce Mandate In N’Delta …Says Troops Ready For Any Eventuality
The Commander, Operation Delta Safe (OPDS), Rear Admiral Apochi Suleiman, has said that the joint task force will not hesitate to enforce its mandate in the Niger Delta region, expressing the troops’ readiness to contain any eventuality in the area.
This is just as the Flag Officer Commanding, Eastern Naval Command, Rear Admiral James Oluwole, while receiving Suleiman and entourage in his office, urged security agencies in Nigeria to collaborate more in order to forestall any threat to the country’s national interest.
The OPDS commander spoke at Ikang border post in Bakassi Local Government Area of Cross River State, shortly after embarking on ‘Exercise Safety Check’, within the Niger Delta creeks.
According him, the exercise was intended to ensure the protection of Nigeria’s critical infrastructure, while nipping other forms of criminality in the bud during and after the Yule tide.
While fielding questions from newsmen, Suleiman expressed confidence in the mental and physical fitness of the troops to discharge their duties effectively.
Members of the task force comprise the Nigerian Army, Navy, Air Force, Police and NSCDC personnel.
Flanked by the Deputy Force Commander; Land Component, Brig. Gen. Kelvin Aligbe, the Sector 4 Commander, Col. NU Muktar, among other top officers, Rear Admiral Suleiman said, ” This is a continuation of Exercise Safety Check that started last week from Delta to Bayelsa, Rivers to Akwa Ibom, and down to Cross River.
“So far, you can agree with me that there has been relative peace within our joint operation area.
Friday Nwagbara, Calabar
Niger Delta
Oborevwori Launches Medical Outreach For Children With Special Needs
Niger Delta
UniCal Commits To Nursing Education Dev In C’River
Niger Delta
Agency Demolishes Illegal Roadside Structures In Delta N8 by … Clears Street Traders
-
Politics4 days agoAPC Releases Adjusted Timetable For Nationwide Congresses, Convention
-
Sports1 day ago2026 WC: Nigeria, DR Congo Awaits FIFA Verdict Today
-
Sports4 days ago
DG NIS Wants NSC Board Constituted, Seeks Increased In Funding
-
Business4 days agoCustoms Seek Support To Curb Smuggling In Ogun
-
Featured4 days agoINEC Proposes N873.78bn For 2027 Elections, N171bn For 2026 Operations
-
Sports4 days agoSWAN Rivers Set-up Five Functional Committees
-
News4 days ago
Police Bust Kidnapping Syndicate In PH
-
Sports4 days ago
NSC Disburses N200m Training Grants To 26 Athletes
