Business
Chinese Fishermen Freed After Cameroon Kidnap
Kidnappers released seven Chinese fishermen hijacked last week in their boat off the coast of Cameroon, a Chinese embassy official said on Thursday.
The official, who requested anonymity, said the crew were released on Wednesday evening but gave no further details.
Their vessel, one of many Chinese fishing boats in West African waters, was hijacked last week by a group calling itself the “Africa Marine Commando”, the latest in a series of attacks on shipping in the Gulf of Guinea.
The group, which has no known history of attacks in waters off the disputed Bakassi peninsula, had demanded a cash ransom, though it was unclear if one was paid.
A Cameroonian foreign ministry official said earlier in the week that government policy is never to pay a ransom.
Chinese and Cameroonian authorities had been negotiating for the release of the hostages.
Business
Two Federal Agencies Enter Pack On Expansion, Sustainable Electricity In Niger Delta
Business
Why The AI Boom May Extend The Reign Of Natural Gas
Business
Ogun To Join Oil-Producing States ……..As NNPCL Kicks Off Commercial Oil Production At Eba
-
Sports4 days ago2026 WC: Nigeria, DR Congo Awaits FIFA Verdict Today
-
Politics4 days ago
ADC, PDP, LP Missing As INEC Set For By- Elections In Rivers
-
Environment4 days agoOxfam, partners celebrate 5 years of climate governance programmes in Nigeria
-
Politics4 days ago
FG’s Economic Policies Not Working – APC Chieftain
-
Politics4 days ago2027: Diri Unveils RHA LG Coordinators, APC Congress Panel
-
News3 days agoVictory Over Insurgency Certain, Tinubu Assures
-
Politics4 days agoReps To Meet,’Morrow Over INEC’s 2027 Election Timetable
-
Politics4 days agoGroup Continues Push For Real Time Election Results Transmission
