Nation
Police Place N5m Bounty On Fleeing Kidnap Suspects
The Ekiti State Police Command has placed N5 million as reward for genuine information on the whereabouts of four suspects over alleged kidnapping in the State.
ASP Sunday Abutu, the command’s spokesperson in a statement yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, gave the names of the fleeing suspects as Banji Akeem, Samuel Ebira, Dele Jimoh and Dayo Igwe.
Abutu said the four now at large were mentioned as gang members by other arrested suspects currently in police custody.
According to him, the suspects were involved in the abduction of prominent Ekiti citizens in the last two years.
“The suspects already arrested mentioned one Banji Akeem a.k.a Oro, who was earlier arrested by the RRS operatives for the offence of armed robbery.
“They also mentioned one Samuel a.k.a Samuel Ebira, Jimoh Dele a.k.a Dele Petim, Dayo a.k.a Dayo Igwe and Johnson a.k.a Yellow Okada who are presently at large as other members of their gang,” he said.
Abutu, said the suspects were arrested through the relentless efforts of the men of the command.
According to him, the arrested suspects had confessed that they had been involved in various kidnappings in the state.
“They confirmed to be the brain behind the abduction of one Olowo Bola of Ipoti-Ekiti and the late Chief Abiodun Ajayi, who died from the injuries sustained while he jumped from the kidnappers vehicle, earlier this year, in Ado Ekiti,” he said.
The PPRO explained that the suspects usually kept their victims in the house of late Chief Ogunremi, located around Water Works in Ado-Ekiti or sometimes Ayere, a forest in Kogi.
He listed Items recovered from the suspects to include, one Toyota Corolla car, 13 rounds of live cartridges and two locally made double-barrel guns.
Abutu said that efforts were on to arrest other members of the gang who were at large, hence the N5 million reward for useful information that could lead to their arrest.
The Tide source report that the command had on Monday paraded four suspected abductors of a petroleum dealer in Ekiti, Alhaji Suleiman Akinbami and wife of late Surveyor-General of the state, Mrs. Dapo Osalusi.
The suspects was also alleged to have also kidnapped another victim, Olowo Bolaji in Ipoti-Ekiti, Ijero Local Government Area of the state.
Abutu while parading the suspects said they were arrested by a team of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the command.
Nation
Rivers Deputy Governor Hails PH City One Love For Humanitarian Gesture
Rivers state Deputy Governor Professor Ngozi Nma Odu has commended “The Port Harcourt City One Love,”a Port Harcourt based humanitarian orgnisation For it’s commitment towards alleviating the sufferings of the poor and vulnerable in the society.
Professor Ngozi Nma Odu said this while speaking at this year’s edition of “operation feed the needy” a yearly outreach program of “The Port Harcourt City One Love ” in Port Harcourt.
The Deputy Governor said by feeding more than sixty thousands hungry people within the past six years, the Port Harcourt City One Love Movement has distinguished itself as a club that cares for the less privilege in the society.
She commended the , organization for listing eleven thousand persons to be fed in the current exercise.
Meanwhile The Port Harcourt City One Love has planned a permanent solution to the problem of feeding the poor in the state.
The leader of the group Mr Idaere Gogo Ogan who said this in an interview with newsmen during the distribution of food items to the poor and vulnerables in Port Harcourt said the organization is planning a permanent food kitchen where poor and vulnerable persons can work in anytime and get fed.
Idaere Gogo Ogan said more than sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons across Port Harcourt City and environs have been fed since the inception of “The operation feed the needy” program six years ago,adding that so far sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons have beneffited.
He described the group as a platform to promote friendship, brotherhood, community development empathy and feeding the less privilege and hungry people
“That’s what we are doing today here,so we started the exercise six years ago”.he said.
Ogan said the effort was a private sector driven initiative but added “it also involves people in Government because the platform does not recognize any division,we bring everybody together in unity , friendship and brotherhood”he said.
He said the effort will go along way in alleviating hunger especially following the prevailing hunger in the country.
According to him “you know the country is very tough, people are hungry people are starving, there is a whole lot of economic hardship,so for us, this is just our own way of reaching out, our own social contribution to what is very difficult”he said.
Over eleven thousand persons were fed in the just concluded exercise.
Areas of coverage include, Isaac Boro park, Port Harcourt prison/Macoba, Borokiri/Enugu waterside Bundu areas Waterlines and others.
Some of the beneficiaries including an 80 years old widow commended the movement for the annual programm and urged other organizations to emulate them
John Bibor,/Esuuk Oyet/Suotor Memoye /Jeremiah Hannah
Nation
We’ll Partner Private Sector to Industrialize Rivers State – Fubara …Hints Revitalization of Ahoada, Trans Amadi Industrial layout
Nation
SheVentures Open Zero-interest Loan Applications for Women Entrepreneurs
“Inclusive growth requires access to capital and the right conditions for businesses to deploy that capital effectively. Women-led enterprises are critical to economic activity, yet they face structural barriers.
“This intervention aims to help close that gap by providing financing that supports job creation, business expansion, and long-term sustainability for women entrepreneurs”, Edun said.
Group Head, SheVentures and Impact Segments at First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Nnenna Jacob-Ogogo said access to affordable finance remains a major constraint for women entrepreneurs.
-
Featured5 days agoWASSCE: RSG Distributes Science Materials To Secondary Schools
-
News5 days ago
RSG Reaffirms Commitment To Quality Education
-
Niger Delta5 days agoFubara Charges Graduands On Discipline, Professionalism … As IAUE Holds 44th Convoc
-
News3 hours agoFG To Unveil Radio Station For Adult Education
-
News3 hours agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
News3 hours agoAfenifere Raises Alarm Over Attacks On Oyo Schools …Says Yorubaland Now Under Siege
-
News3 hours agoIsaac Boro Memorial: N’Delta Still Bleeds For Justice -MOSIEND
-
News2 hours agoRSG Commends Anglican Church’s Contributions To State’s Dev
