Business
LASG Allocates 2,1624 Houses, Soon
The Lagos State Government will soon allocate 2,624 housing units to beneficiaries under its Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (HOMS).
Many of the houses have been completed and inaugurated by Governor Babatunde Fashola, while others are at different stages of completion, according to the Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Bosun Jeje.
Jeje, who disclosed this at the Housing ministry’s yearly ministerial press briefing in Ikeja on Friday, said the implementing agencies were his ministry, the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation, New Town Development Authority and Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development.
According to the commissioner, there are 264 flats in 22 blocks at the Igbogbo 2B scheme built by the Housing ministry; 144 units at Shogunro 1 and 96 units at Shogunro 2, as well as 36 units at Shitta, all developed by LSDPC.
He said NTDA delivered 492 units in Igando; 844 units in Omole 2; 48 units in Magodo 2; 96 units in Lekki 1; and 84 units in Lekki 2.
Others by NTDA are 540 special units in Sangotedo; 120 units in Ilupeju and 60 units in Mushin; while the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development delivered 560 units in Odo-Onasa, Agbowa.
Jeje said the delay in allocating the houses to interested members of the public was to ensure that the government made available more units, adding that it would be wise to have a sufficient number on ground before the scheme would fully take off.
According to him, government wants to avoid a situation where demand will be greater than supply and mess up the scheme.
“But government is not unmindful of the desire by our people to benefit from the scheme. Any moment from now, we will let the public know the procedure that they will take,” he said.
The commissioner also called on owners of properties demolished in Ijora Badia who were in possession of legitimate documents to come forward for possible discussion on compensation.
Responding to the allegation of “selective settlement” of affected land owners in Ijora, Jeje said so far, only the Ojora family had been able to produce the title document to the land and urged those in possession of the required documents to forward them to the ministry for discussion, instead of blackmailing the government.
“I am saying it here categorically that so far, only the Ojora family has been able to produce any document. So, I am appealing to those who are in possession of land documents to come forward for discussion,” he said.
He also reiterated the government’s decision to give owners of illegal structures demolished in the state the offer of first refusal on its housing schemes in their areas whenever such were completed.
Business
Boat Mishap Kills Pastor, Wife And Church Members In Brass Water
Business
Rivers Workers Seek Scrapping Of Contributory Pension Scheme
Business
FG Begins South-West Tour To Promote New Cooperative Bank
-
Editorial13 hours agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Nation12 hours agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Hold Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Environment14 hours agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
News17 hours agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
Oil & Energy12 hours agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Maritime15 hours agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
-
Politics13 hours ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
Education13 hours agoUNIPort Senate Grants Two-Year Amnesty to U2010–U2018 Students
