Niger Delta
Bomb Explosion: Ebebi Alleges Official Conspiracy…As Police Begin Investigations
Tension is brewing in Bayelsa State as the State Police Command begin investigation into the circumstances surrounding the bomb explosion near the private home of the state deputy governor along INEC Road, Kpasia in the state capital..
Since the incident which occurred last Sunday evening, people have been very apprehensive as barely 24 hours later another filled explosive was discovered inside the premises of Latik Hotel owned by the wife of the deputy governor.
As the feud between the two top Bayelsa State officials get dirtier, ordinary citizens of the state are worried about its end result.
The latest car bomb, a Mazda 626 model with registration number, Imo AG 198 TTK discovered by state anti-bomb squad was later towed to the Police headquarters for investigations.
As at press time, no group has claimed responsibility for the act.
Speaking to journalists over the incident, the deputy governor pointed an accusing finger to government circle.
Ebebi who addressed newsmen at about 6.30pm on Monday asked the police to tell the world how they got the information that a car containing bomb was parked inside his wife’s hotel and went straight to the very car without searching any other one.
Ebebi said, his boss, Chief Timipre Sylva, the State Commissioner of Police, Onuoha Udenka, and the governor’s security adviser, Richard Kpodor should tell the truth as he had seen Kpodor, snooping around the hotel earlier in the day.
The embattled deputy governor took time to debunk allegations that he sponsored the Abuja protest against the governor “saying I was not part of the protest”. He advised Sylva to leave him alone as he has no power to do him any harm.
Meanwhile, the Action Congress in Bayelsa State has advised both Sylva and Ebebi to tow the part of honour and resign their positions which the party said they are holding in trust for the people of the state.
In a statement signed by its chairman, Mr Miriki Ebikibina, the party said the “increasing attack on defenceless serving youth corpers in the state call for concern”.
Niger Delta
Oborevwori Launches Medical Outreach For Children With Special Needs
Niger Delta
UniCal Commits To Nursing Education Dev In C’River
Niger Delta
Agency Demolishes Illegal Roadside Structures In Delta N8 by … Clears Street Traders
-
Politics4 days agoAPC Releases Adjusted Timetable For Nationwide Congresses, Convention
-
Sports3 days ago
DG NIS Wants NSC Board Constituted, Seeks Increased In Funding
-
Business3 days agoCustoms Seek Support To Curb Smuggling In Ogun
-
Featured3 days agoINEC Proposes N873.78bn For 2027 Elections, N171bn For 2026 Operations
-
Sports3 days agoSWAN Rivers Set-up Five Functional Committees
-
News3 days ago
Police Bust Kidnapping Syndicate In PH
-
Sports3 days ago
NSC Disburses N200m Training Grants To 26 Athletes
-
Sports3 days ago
‘NTF Will Build On Davis Cup Success For Brighter Future’
