Nation
Commander Commiserates With Maiduguri Fire Disaster Victims
The Theatre Commander, Joint Task Force, NE Operation, HADIN KAI (OPHK), Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Ali, has commiserated with the Borno Government and victims of the Maiduguri Monday Market fire disaster.
Acting Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, Headquarters Theatre Command, OPHK, Maj. Samson Zhakom, said this in a statement issued in Maiduguri on Wednesday.
He said Ali, who visited the scene on Wednesday, expressed sadness over the incident that left shops and goods razed in the early hours of February 26.
He explained the disaster, additional troops of 7 Division of the Nigerian Army and Sector 1, OPHK, in collaboration with the Nigerian Police Force and other security agencies were deployed within the general area of the market so as to prevent possible looting by miscreants, build public confidence and support ongoing emergency and relief projects.
According to him, the Theatre Commander wishes to assure the good people of Borno of the Theatre’s commitment and determination in providing a secure atmosphere where socio-economic and political activities will continue to thrive.
“Additionally, the Theatre Commander encourages those affected to remain strong and resolute in the face of the extreme loss as we continue to support relevant security agencies to unravel the cause of the inferno as well as finding lasting solutions and implementable measures to forestall future occurrences.
“Moreso, the people of North East are enjoined to sustain the tempo of feeding the military with relevant information regarding security breech, suspicious acts and acts of violence,” said Ali.
Nation
Rivers Deputy Governor Hails PH City One Love For Humanitarian Gesture
Rivers state Deputy Governor Professor Ngozi Nma Odu has commended “The Port Harcourt City One Love,”a Port Harcourt based humanitarian orgnisation For it’s commitment towards alleviating the sufferings of the poor and vulnerable in the society.
Professor Ngozi Nma Odu said this while speaking at this year’s edition of “operation feed the needy” a yearly outreach program of “The Port Harcourt City One Love ” in Port Harcourt.
The Deputy Governor said by feeding more than sixty thousands hungry people within the past six years, the Port Harcourt City One Love Movement has distinguished itself as a club that cares for the less privilege in the society.
She commended the , organization for listing eleven thousand persons to be fed in the current exercise.
Meanwhile The Port Harcourt City One Love has planned a permanent solution to the problem of feeding the poor in the state.
The leader of the group Mr Idaere Gogo Ogan who said this in an interview with newsmen during the distribution of food items to the poor and vulnerables in Port Harcourt said the organization is planning a permanent food kitchen where poor and vulnerable persons can work in anytime and get fed.
Idaere Gogo Ogan said more than sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons across Port Harcourt City and environs have been fed since the inception of “The operation feed the needy” program six years ago,adding that so far sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons have beneffited.
He described the group as a platform to promote friendship, brotherhood, community development empathy and feeding the less privilege and hungry people
“That’s what we are doing today here,so we started the exercise six years ago”.he said.
Ogan said the effort was a private sector driven initiative but added “it also involves people in Government because the platform does not recognize any division,we bring everybody together in unity , friendship and brotherhood”he said.
He said the effort will go along way in alleviating hunger especially following the prevailing hunger in the country.
According to him “you know the country is very tough, people are hungry people are starving, there is a whole lot of economic hardship,so for us, this is just our own way of reaching out, our own social contribution to what is very difficult”he said.
Over eleven thousand persons were fed in the just concluded exercise.
Areas of coverage include, Isaac Boro park, Port Harcourt prison/Macoba, Borokiri/Enugu waterside Bundu areas Waterlines and others.
Some of the beneficiaries including an 80 years old widow commended the movement for the annual programm and urged other organizations to emulate them
John Bibor,/Esuuk Oyet/Suotor Memoye /Jeremiah Hannah
Nation
We’ll Partner Private Sector to Industrialize Rivers State – Fubara …Hints Revitalization of Ahoada, Trans Amadi Industrial layout
Nation
SheVentures Open Zero-interest Loan Applications for Women Entrepreneurs
“Inclusive growth requires access to capital and the right conditions for businesses to deploy that capital effectively. Women-led enterprises are critical to economic activity, yet they face structural barriers.
“This intervention aims to help close that gap by providing financing that supports job creation, business expansion, and long-term sustainability for women entrepreneurs”, Edun said.
Group Head, SheVentures and Impact Segments at First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Nnenna Jacob-Ogogo said access to affordable finance remains a major constraint for women entrepreneurs.
-
Maritime3 hours agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
-
Environment2 hours agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
Maritime3 hours agoCustoms Harps On Human-led AI Governance –As Customs Digital Reforms Generate N230Bn
-
Maritime3 hours agoLagos Records Major Gains In Road, Rail, Water Transport —Osiyemi
-
News5 hours agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
News5 hours agoAfenifere Raises Alarm Over Attacks On Oyo Schools …Says Yorubaland Now Under Siege
-
News5 hours agoFG To Unveil Radio Station For Adult Education
-
News5 hours agoIsaac Boro Memorial: N’Delta Still Bleeds For Justice -MOSIEND
