Nation
Army Redeploys GOCs, Theatre Commanders
In order to ensure administrative and operational efficiency in the Nigerian Army (NA), the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya, has approved the redeployment of Senior Officers.
The Director, Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, in a statement at the Weekend, said the new postings and appointments was aimed at sustaining the recent operational successes recorded in combating emerging security challenges in the country.
Nwachukwu said the officers affected are Major Generals and Brigadier Generals amongst several other senior officers across army formations and units.
According to him, those affected in the redeployment include some Principal Staff Officers of the Army Headquarters, Corps Commanders, Commandants of Army Training Institutions, Brigade Commanders, Commanding officers and several others.
In the new appointment, Nwachukwu said the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 3 Division, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Ali, moves to the North East as Theatre Commander Joint Task Force, North East Operation, Hadin Kai (OPHK).
He said the Chief of Training (Army), Maj.-Gen. Abdulsalam Ibrahim, had been appointed the GOC 3 Division as well as Commander, Operation Safe Haven (OPSH), while Maj.-Gen. AS Chinade would move from Headquarters 2 Division to Headquarters 82 Division as GOC.
He further said Maj.-Gen. GM Mutkut had been appointed the GOC 8 Division and Commander Operation Hadarin Daji (OPHD) from Army Headquarters Department of Policy and Plan.
“Those newly appointed Corps Commanders are the erstwhile theatre Commander, OPHK, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, as the new Corps Commander, Infantry Corps, while Maj.-Gen. MS Ahmed moves to Headquarters, Nigerian Army Armoured Corps, as Corps Commander.
“Maj.-Gen. BR Sinjen moves from Nigerian Army School of Artillery to Headquarters Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery as the new Corps Commander, and Maj.-Gen. PE Eromosele moves from National Defence College to Headquarters Nigerian Army Engineers as Commander.
“Also, Maj.-Gen. AA Ayannuga moves to Nigerian Army Cyber Warfare Command as commander, while Maj.-Gen. GS Abdullahi moves from Defence Space Administration to Headquarters, Nigerian Army Signals.
“Among the new Defence and Army Headquarters Principal Staff Officers are Maj.-Gen. Solomon Udounwa, who is redeployed from Army Headquarters, Department of Special Services and Programmes, to Defence Headquaters as Chief of Defence Training and Operations.
“Maj.-Gen. SG Mohammed has been appointed the Chief of Training, Maj.-Gen. UT Musa from Headquarters, 82 Division, to the Department of Army Administration as Director, Personnel Management, while Maj.-Gen. Y Yahaya from Headquarters, 31 Artillery Brigade moves to Department of Army Administration as the Director Manpower (Army) among several others,” he said.
Nwachukwu also said Brig.-Gen. TI Gusau has been appointed as Director of Defence Information, while Brig.-Gen. AM Umar was appointed the new Commander of Guards Brigade.
According to him, other Brigade Commander redeployed include Brig.-Gen. S Aliyu from Headquarters 6 Division to Headquarters 63 Brigade, while Brig.-Gen. HD Bobbo moves from National Defence College to Headquarters 31 Brigade.
“Brig.-Gen. MT Aminu moves from Army War College Nigeria, to Headquarters, 35 Brigade among several others.
“It is imperative to note that redeployment in the Nigerian Army is routine, particularly with the recent promotion of senior officers as approved by the Army Council for the year 2022.
“The redeployment of all appointees takes effect from January 11,” he added.
Nation
Rivers Deputy Governor Hails PH City One Love For Humanitarian Gesture
Rivers state Deputy Governor Professor Ngozi Nma Odu has commended “The Port Harcourt City One Love,”a Port Harcourt based humanitarian orgnisation For it’s commitment towards alleviating the sufferings of the poor and vulnerable in the society.
Professor Ngozi Nma Odu said this while speaking at this year’s edition of “operation feed the needy” a yearly outreach program of “The Port Harcourt City One Love ” in Port Harcourt.
The Deputy Governor said by feeding more than sixty thousands hungry people within the past six years, the Port Harcourt City One Love Movement has distinguished itself as a club that cares for the less privilege in the society.
She commended the , organization for listing eleven thousand persons to be fed in the current exercise.
Meanwhile The Port Harcourt City One Love has planned a permanent solution to the problem of feeding the poor in the state.
The leader of the group Mr Idaere Gogo Ogan who said this in an interview with newsmen during the distribution of food items to the poor and vulnerables in Port Harcourt said the organization is planning a permanent food kitchen where poor and vulnerable persons can work in anytime and get fed.
Idaere Gogo Ogan said more than sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons across Port Harcourt City and environs have been fed since the inception of “The operation feed the needy” program six years ago,adding that so far sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons have beneffited.
He described the group as a platform to promote friendship, brotherhood, community development empathy and feeding the less privilege and hungry people
“That’s what we are doing today here,so we started the exercise six years ago”.he said.
Ogan said the effort was a private sector driven initiative but added “it also involves people in Government because the platform does not recognize any division,we bring everybody together in unity , friendship and brotherhood”he said.
He said the effort will go along way in alleviating hunger especially following the prevailing hunger in the country.
According to him “you know the country is very tough, people are hungry people are starving, there is a whole lot of economic hardship,so for us, this is just our own way of reaching out, our own social contribution to what is very difficult”he said.
Over eleven thousand persons were fed in the just concluded exercise.
Areas of coverage include, Isaac Boro park, Port Harcourt prison/Macoba, Borokiri/Enugu waterside Bundu areas Waterlines and others.
Some of the beneficiaries including an 80 years old widow commended the movement for the annual programm and urged other organizations to emulate them
John Bibor,/Esuuk Oyet/Suotor Memoye /Jeremiah Hannah
Nation
We’ll Partner Private Sector to Industrialize Rivers State – Fubara …Hints Revitalization of Ahoada, Trans Amadi Industrial layout
Nation
SheVentures Open Zero-interest Loan Applications for Women Entrepreneurs
“Inclusive growth requires access to capital and the right conditions for businesses to deploy that capital effectively. Women-led enterprises are critical to economic activity, yet they face structural barriers.
“This intervention aims to help close that gap by providing financing that supports job creation, business expansion, and long-term sustainability for women entrepreneurs”, Edun said.
Group Head, SheVentures and Impact Segments at First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Nnenna Jacob-Ogogo said access to affordable finance remains a major constraint for women entrepreneurs.
-
Featured5 days agoWASSCE: RSG Distributes Science Materials To Secondary Schools
-
Politics5 days agoINEC Sets Rivers South-East Senatorial By-Election For June 20
-
Sports5 days ago
Football Pundit Lauds Chelle’s Effort In Monitoring Nigeria League Players
-
News5 days ago
RSG Reaffirms Commitment To Quality Education
-
Niger Delta5 days agoFubara Charges Graduands On Discipline, Professionalism … As IAUE Holds 44th Convoc
-
News1 hour agoAfenifere Raises Alarm Over Attacks On Oyo Schools …Says Yorubaland Now Under Siege
-
News1 hour agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
News1 hour agoFG To Unveil Radio Station For Adult Education
