Niger Delta
JTF Alerts Public On New Antics Of Kidnappers
The Joint Task Force
(JTF) in the Niger Delta, Operation Pulo Shield, on Friday alerted the public on the new tricks deployed by kidnappers.
The JTF also urged the public to be security conscious and be wary of strange movements around them.
This is contained in a statement issued by Lt.-Col. Isa Ado, spokesman of Operation Pulo Shield in Yenagoa.
It said that kidnappers now dress in military uniform, describing such act as mischievous and dubious.
According to Ado, the hoodlums who abducted the wife of ex-Bayelsa acting governor recently dubiously and mischievously claimed they were sent by the JTF Commander.
“This headquarters wish to bring to the notice of the general public that kidnappers in the state have adopted a new strategy and dimension to criminality in the state and warned that people should be wary and mindful of obnoxious acts by syndicated miscreants,’’ it said.
The JTF urged the people of the Niger Delta to report any suspicious act and movement of criminals in the state to JTF or any other security agencies for swift action without hesitation.
The task force, however, assured the law-abiding citizens that it would continue to uphold its Zero Tolerance Campaign against criminality in the region.
Ado further reassured that no stone would be left unturned to bring the miscreants to book as there was an ongoing operation to accost criminals.
In another Development, Bayelsa Police have confirmed the death of Mr Blessing Amakiri during an exchange of gunfire between policemen and cultists in Yenagoa.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Bayelsa, Mr. Butswat, confirmed the death of Amakiri, who hails from Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of the state.
Butswat said the incident occurred when the police were responding to a distress call on a clash between rival cult groups, Icelanders and Greenlanders.
He said the corpse of Amakiri was identified by his mother and had been deposited at the morgue of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Yenagoa, while investigations had also commenced.
The police spokesman also said that two persons had been arrested, detained in connection with the incident.
Butswat assured that at the conclusion of investigations, the file would be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP0 for advice.
The Tide gathered that the incident, which occurred at the OVOM axis of Yenagoa at about 4.30 p.m. compelled anxious residents to scamper for safety.
Niger Delta
850-bed UCTH overstretched, services 5m patients – CMD
Niger Delta
Police Burst Child Trafficking Syndicate In A’Ibom … Nab 3 Suspects
Niger Delta
A’Ibom Launches Operation Crack Down Scrap Dealers
-
Editorial1 day agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Nation1 day agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Holds Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Oil & Energy1 day agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Environment1 day agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
Politics1 day ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
News1 day agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
Politics1 day ago
Reps Speaker Secures APC Return Ticket For Fifth Term
-
Maritime1 day agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
