Nation
Nigeria’s Active Covid-19 Cases Now 9,202
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) says the number of active COVID-19 cases in Nigeria stands at 9,202, with confirmation of 50 new additional cases on April 3.
The NCDC disclosed this on its official Twitter handle on Saturday.
The country’s daily new cases continue to follow a downward trajectory: From an all-time high of 2,314 on Jan. 22, of the country’s daily new positive cases down to 48, as at March 29.
The public health institute said that the 50 new cases were reported from six states with Lagos (27), Plateau (11), Bayelsa (7), Gombe (3), Nasarawa (1) and Ekiti (1).
The agency said that till date, 163,113 cases had been confirmed, 151,853 cases discharged and 2,058 deaths recorded in 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
It said that the country had tested 1,767,694 people since the first confirmed case of COVID-19 was announced on Feb. 27, 2020.
The NCDC noted that a multi-sectoral national Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), activated at Level 3, had continued to coordinate the national response activities in the country.
Meanwhile, the agency said that COVID-19 might cause severe complications in the elderly and people with underlying health conditions.
It advised Nigerians to avoid non-essential outings, large gatherings and contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19.
The NCDC reminded all that the Easter Holidays were here and COVID-19 was still here with us.
“Keep your mask on at all times as you engage with others. Protect yourself and protect your loved ones. Happy Easter.
“Always wear a face mask. Maintain physical distance. Wash your hands regularly,” it further advised.
Nation
Rivers Deputy Governor Hails PH City One Love For Humanitarian Gesture
Rivers state Deputy Governor Professor Ngozi Nma Odu has commended “The Port Harcourt City One Love,”a Port Harcourt based humanitarian orgnisation For it’s commitment towards alleviating the sufferings of the poor and vulnerable in the society.
Professor Ngozi Nma Odu said this while speaking at this year’s edition of “operation feed the needy” a yearly outreach program of “The Port Harcourt City One Love ” in Port Harcourt.
The Deputy Governor said by feeding more than sixty thousands hungry people within the past six years, the Port Harcourt City One Love Movement has distinguished itself as a club that cares for the less privilege in the society.
She commended the , organization for listing eleven thousand persons to be fed in the current exercise.
Meanwhile The Port Harcourt City One Love has planned a permanent solution to the problem of feeding the poor in the state.
The leader of the group Mr Idaere Gogo Ogan who said this in an interview with newsmen during the distribution of food items to the poor and vulnerables in Port Harcourt said the organization is planning a permanent food kitchen where poor and vulnerable persons can work in anytime and get fed.
Idaere Gogo Ogan said more than sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons across Port Harcourt City and environs have been fed since the inception of “The operation feed the needy” program six years ago,adding that so far sixty thousands poor and vulnerable persons have beneffited.
He described the group as a platform to promote friendship, brotherhood, community development empathy and feeding the less privilege and hungry people
“That’s what we are doing today here,so we started the exercise six years ago”.he said.
Ogan said the effort was a private sector driven initiative but added “it also involves people in Government because the platform does not recognize any division,we bring everybody together in unity , friendship and brotherhood”he said.
He said the effort will go along way in alleviating hunger especially following the prevailing hunger in the country.
According to him “you know the country is very tough, people are hungry people are starving, there is a whole lot of economic hardship,so for us, this is just our own way of reaching out, our own social contribution to what is very difficult”he said.
Over eleven thousand persons were fed in the just concluded exercise.
Areas of coverage include, Isaac Boro park, Port Harcourt prison/Macoba, Borokiri/Enugu waterside Bundu areas Waterlines and others.
Some of the beneficiaries including an 80 years old widow commended the movement for the annual programm and urged other organizations to emulate them
John Bibor,/Esuuk Oyet/Suotor Memoye /Jeremiah Hannah
Nation
We’ll Partner Private Sector to Industrialize Rivers State – Fubara …Hints Revitalization of Ahoada, Trans Amadi Industrial layout
Nation
SheVentures Open Zero-interest Loan Applications for Women Entrepreneurs
“Inclusive growth requires access to capital and the right conditions for businesses to deploy that capital effectively. Women-led enterprises are critical to economic activity, yet they face structural barriers.
“This intervention aims to help close that gap by providing financing that supports job creation, business expansion, and long-term sustainability for women entrepreneurs”, Edun said.
Group Head, SheVentures and Impact Segments at First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Nnenna Jacob-Ogogo said access to affordable finance remains a major constraint for women entrepreneurs.
-
Maritime4 hours agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
-
Environment2 hours agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
Environment2 hours agoNEWSAN Urges Investment For Water And Sanitation services
-
Oil & Energy3 hours agoSEED: FG To Train 6,000 Energy Professionals
-
Environment2 hours agoNGOs Task Media On Investing In Climate Literacy
-
Maritime4 hours agoLagos Records Major Gains In Road, Rail, Water Transport —Osiyemi
-
Maritime4 hours agoCustoms Harps On Human-led AI Governance –As Customs Digital Reforms Generate N230Bn
-
News6 hours agoAfenifere Raises Alarm Over Attacks On Oyo Schools …Says Yorubaland Now Under Siege
