Business
Cashless Policy: CBN Reassures On Oct Deadline
Central Bank of Nige
ria (CBN) has reiterated that there is no going back to the implementation of the 2nd phase of the cashless policy in Rivers State and five other States by October 1.
Speaking in a telephone interview with The Tide in Port Harcourt, the CBN Cashless Policy Supervisor in Rivers State, Mr Okpere Ockechukwu said the policy’s implementation had already started, adding that “only the service charges will be implemented by October 1.
Okechukwu noted that e-payment Providers Association of Nigeria last week sensitised marketers around Port Harcourt and its environs on the use of the Point of Sales (POS) and other workable services of the cashless policy.
He noted that the use of Automated Tellers Machines (ATM) had increased with the policy awareness.
“e-Bank went round to sensitise the market women in Rivers State and beyond. The level of awareness has seriously increased, so the cashless policy has already started,” he added.
It would be recalled that the CBN shifted the implementation of the policy in the six States from July 1 to October 1 in order to finalise the modalities that will ensure the success of the policy in these States.
Ubong Emmanuel
Business
RIVERS NUJ BACKS BONNY TOURISM, TASKS MEDIA ON DEVELOPMENT REPORTING
Business
Jonathan, Diri, Others Laud Firm’s Milestone in Bayelsa …Says Project Will Drive Industrialisation, Create Jobs
Business
AKG To Purchase More Aircraft —-Targets 10 Fleets this Year
-
News4 days agoRSG Targets Nine Million Residents in Mosquito Net Distribution Campaign
-
Oil & Energy4 days agoAiyedatiwa Signs New Electricity Bill
-
Oil & Energy4 days agoNLNG Commissions Research And Innovation Centre In RSU
-
Maritime4 days agoMarine Minister Commends President Tinubu On NPERA Bill Assent
-
News4 days agoKenPoly Holds Eight Convocations, August 29
-
News4 days agoRMAFC Completes Revenue Sharing Review, Proposes New Pay
-
News4 days agoRSG Begins Another Phase of Projects Commissioning Today
-
Maritime4 days agoNAGAFF Petitions IGP Over Alleged Maritime Police Harassment
