Business
Ten Nigerian Firms Feature In ITU Expo
Ten Nigerian companies are participating in the 2011 Expo of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) currently holding in Geneva.
The Chairperson, “Nigeria @ ITU Telecom World 2011’’, Mrs Lolia Emakpore, disclosed this in an interview with newsmen on Wednesday in Geneva.
A correspondent, who is covering the event, listed the companies as Etisalat, Huawei, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), National Broadcasting Commission and MTN.
Others are Galaxy Backbone Plc., Main One Cable Company, Access Bank Plc., Interra Works and E-Credit.
Emakpore said that although they had expected more Nigerian companies to participate in the event, she was happy with the 10 which made it.
She noted that companies’ decisions to participate in such events depended on their profiles, level of exposure and what they expected to get in return.
Emakpore, who is also the Director of Policy, Competition and International Affairs in the NCC, said that visa problems prevented some companies and states, including Edo, from attending the event.
The chairperson noted that companies which failed to attend had missed an opportunity to expose themselves internationally as well as forge global relationships.
On the benefits of the event to Nigeria, which she described as remarkable, Emakpore said that it had placed the country on the global map, noting that top foreign dignitaries and ICT experts had been visiting the Minister of Communication Technology for mutual discussions on ICT.
Similarly, the Manager of Corporate Communications in Galaxy Backbone, Mr Frankly Eke, said that they had achieved their two objectives of supporting the ministry and showcasing what ICT was doing in Nigeria.
Eke added that Galaxy had also been able to establish contact with individuals, companies and countries which shared similarities with Nigeria in ICT development.
Also speaking, a Director of E-Credit, which deals in pre-paid services, Mr Tola Talabi, said that the company had made tremendous progress, having been able to make positive contact with 10 foreign and 10 local likely partners.
The representative of another participating establishment, Mrs Maimuna Jimada, of the National Broadcasting Commission, said that the Expo had been of immense value for the propagation of Africast 2012 which the commission is hosting next year.
Business
RIVERS NUJ BACKS BONNY TOURISM, TASKS MEDIA ON DEVELOPMENT REPORTING
Business
Jonathan, Diri, Others Laud Firm’s Milestone in Bayelsa …Says Project Will Drive Industrialisation, Create Jobs
Business
AKG To Purchase More Aircraft —-Targets 10 Fleets this Year
-
News4 hours agoRSG Targets Nine Million Residents in Mosquito Net Distribution Campaign
-
News4 hours agoKenPoly Holds Eight Convocations, August 29
-
News4 hours agoRSG Begins Another Phase of Projects Commissioning Today
-
News4 hours agoOsun Guber: Probe Vote-Buying, Violence, SERAP Urges INEC, EFCC, ICPC
-
News4 hours ago2027: Adeleke Reaffirms Support For Tinubu, Calls Him Osun Son
-
News4 hours agoNiMet predicts three-day cloudy, thundery weather
-
News4 hours agoArmy Intercepts Courier With 180 Explosives In Zamfara
-
News4 hours agoNigerian military raises alarm over attempt to hack X account
