Business
Reduce SMS Tariff, Operators Urge NATCOMS
Chief Deolu Ogunbanjo, the President, National Association of Telecommunications Subscribers (NATCOMS), has urged telecoms operators to reduce the tariff on Short Messaging Service (SMS).
Ogunbanjo made the appeal on Monday in Lagos in an interview with our correspondent.
He said the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had last year released an interconnect rate of N1.94 kobo for SMS effective from Dec. 31, 2009.
“Up till now, none of the operators had effected the price change, which shows the level of extortion carried out by operators,” he said.
He said it was contemptuous of NCC’s authority for operators to ignore its directive whereas SMS in countries like Ghana, Gambia and Australia were free.
Ogunbanjo said some operators were making more than N13 from each off-net SMS when compared with the new interconnect rate of N1.94.
“If they can’t give us SMS for free, the maximum charge for SMS off-net should not be more that N2 while SMS for on-net should be N1,” he said.
Business
Boat Mishap Kills Pastor, Wife And Church Members In Brass Water
Business
Rivers Workers Seek Scrapping Of Contributory Pension Scheme
Business
FG Begins South-West Tour To Promote New Cooperative Bank
-
Editorial23 hours agoEnough Of Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians
-
Nation22 hours agoRSU, Otonti Nduka Foundation Hold Centenary Conference, Unveil Book on Values in Nigeria
-
Oil & Energy22 hours agoRivers PETROAN Elects 12-Member Executive
-
Environment1 day agoMOSOP – Tinubu Not Sincere With Ogoni People For Oil Resumption
-
News1 day agoFubara, Wife Hail Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Initiative …As Over 6,800 Families Benefit From Largesse In Rivers
-
Politics24 hours ago
APC Group Protests Ex–Presidential Aspirant’s Disqualification From Rivers Senatorial Race
-
Politics24 hours ago
Reps Speaker Secures APC Return Ticket For Fifth Term
-
Maritime1 day agoProducts, Others, To Arrive Lagos Ports Today — MPA
