Oil & Energy
Pipelines Attacks: Ministry Convenes Stakeholders’ Meeting
In search of solutions
to the recent spate of militant attacks on oil and gas pipelines in the Niger Delta region, the Federal Government on Friday convened an inter-agency meeting with various stakeholders in Abuja.
The minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Pastor Usani Uguru, who convened the stakeholders parley said that the Federal Government would not be aloof and watch while militants attack pipelines daily with attendant losses of revenue particularly at this present time when oil price is recording steady fall in the international market.
Uguru said, if the trend of attack is unchecked, it might disrupt the supply of crude to the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company (WRPC), which is still on stream.
He expressed worry that WRPC risks being shut down, noting that electricity may record poor supply across the country.
He informed the stakeholders that enough intelligence had been gathered to halt the trend.
“We have also received apologies and appeals from concerned groups in the region regretting the actions of those who are bent on pushing government to abandon development programmes in the underdeveloped region”, he said.
The Tide reports that the parley was attended by NNPC, NDDC, Nigerian Navy, Presidential Amnesty office, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Information, Ministry of Interior, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) amongst other .
The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, revealed that his ministry which has the mandate to see to the security and formulate development polices in the region, would stop at nothing to fish out the perpetrators.
Uguru noted that Nigeria is already undergoing economic stress and will therefore not accommodate additional violent attacks on our oil facilities.
It would be recalled that oil facilities were attacked by militants in the Niger Delta region penultimate week on the heels of a court order to arrest an ex-militant Mr Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo)
The attacks took toll on the Bonny-Okrika crude supply line to Port Harcourt Refinery and the Escravos-Warri crude supply line to the Kaduna Refinery.
However, the said ex-militant had made a public statement distancing himself from the attacks, saying he knows nothing about the inccedents.
Chris Oluoh

The production facility belonging to Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) in Ebocha community, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State whcih exploded recently
Oil & Energy
MIND Slams PENGASSAN, Urges Senate Probe Over Alleged Maltreatment Of Nigerians At TotalEnergies
Oil & Energy
Elumelu Tasks FG On Power Sector Debt Payment
Oil & Energy
‘Over 86 Million Nigerians Without Electricity’
-
Politics3 days agoAPC Releases Adjusted Timetable For Nationwide Congresses, Convention
-
Sports3 days ago
DG NIS Wants NSC Board Constituted, Seeks Increased In Funding
-
Business3 days agoCustoms Seek Support To Curb Smuggling In Ogun
-
Sports3 days agoSWAN Rivers Set-up Five Functional Committees
-
Featured3 days agoINEC Proposes N873.78bn For 2027 Elections, N171bn For 2026 Operations
-
News3 days ago
Police Bust Kidnapping Syndicate In PH
-
Sports3 days ago
NSC Disburses N200m Training Grants To 26 Athletes
-
Sports3 days ago
‘NTF Will Build On Davis Cup Success For Brighter Future’
