Business
Osun Orders Road Contractor Back To Site
The Osun Government last Wednesday ordered a contractor back to site having abandoned a road contract for which he had been mobilised.
Our correspondent reports that the contracting firm, Wetip Contractor Ltd, is handling the rehabilitation of the Ejigbo-Ife Odan-Owu Road.
The Special Adviser to Gov. Rauf Aregbesola on Works and Transport, Mr Oladepo Amuda, gave the order in Ejigbo during an inspection visit to the site.
The special adviser, accompanied by top officials of the works ministry, noted that the project was 70 per cent completed before its abandonment.
He said that the state government had approved an upward review of the sum of the contract, which was awarded in 2006, from N845.9 million to N864.4 million.
Amuda explained that the upward review of the sum in the 2012 budget was to ensure the completion of the project in good time.
He, however, warned contractors handling government projects not to execute substandard projects after collecting money for the jobs.
The aide said the state government would sanction erring or fleeing contractors.
Business
Two Federal Agencies Enter Pack On Expansion, Sustainable Electricity In Niger Delta
Business
Why The AI Boom May Extend The Reign Of Natural Gas
Business
Ogun To Join Oil-Producing States ……..As NNPCL Kicks Off Commercial Oil Production At Eba
-
Sports4 days ago2026 WC: Nigeria, DR Congo Awaits FIFA Verdict Today
-
Politics4 days ago
ADC, PDP, LP Missing As INEC Set For By- Elections In Rivers
-
Environment4 days agoOxfam, partners celebrate 5 years of climate governance programmes in Nigeria
-
Politics4 days ago
FG’s Economic Policies Not Working – APC Chieftain
-
News4 days agoVictory Over Insurgency Certain, Tinubu Assures
-
Politics4 days ago2027: Diri Unveils RHA LG Coordinators, APC Congress Panel
-
Politics4 days agoReps To Meet,’Morrow Over INEC’s 2027 Election Timetable
-
Politics4 days agoGroup Continues Push For Real Time Election Results Transmission
