News
NASS Joint Committee To Investigate Senate Invasion
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has stated that a joint committee of the House of Representatives and the Senate would investigate the invasion of of the upper legislative chamber last week Wednesday.
He disclosed this after an over-two-hour executive session yesterday.
The meeting, which held behind close doors, had the mace snatching saga dominating discussions. This led to the resolution that the incident would be investigated by a joint committee of both chambers to be constituted at a later date.
Saraki commended the office of the Sergeant-at-Arms for courageously responding to the invasion which led to injuries of two of its staff.
He sought the cooperation of Nigerians in defense of democracy, saying that the legislature would do all it can to ensure the sustenance of democracy.
The Senate President stated that the security architecture of the National Assembly would be reviewed to ensure that such act does not occur again.
According to him, “Distinguished Senators, we met behind close doors and resolved on various issues.
“We are calling on Nigerians to cooperate with us as we strive to sustain democracy.
“We also resolved that the security of the National Assembly will be reviewed so that what happened on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 does not happen again.”
News
HYPREP Tightens Security At Project Sites
Following the rupture of the ground tank of its water facility in Ebubu Community in Eleme Local Government Area of Rivers State, the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) has tightened security across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
HYPREP, which dropped this hint in a statement signed by its Head of Communications, Dr Enuolare Mba-Nwigoh, said the Project Coordinator, Prof Nenibarini Zabbey had given the directive for security to be tightened across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
Mba-Nwigoh noted that the tightening of security across the project sites has become necessary to forestall interference with the facilities.
He further disclosed that following the rupture of the ground tank of the Ebubu water facility, a team led by HYPREP’s Director of Technical Services, Prof Damian-Paul Aguiyi has visited the scene of the incident to assess the situation, stressing that the water facility has been cordoned off for public safety.
The statement indicated that following the incident, HYPREP has henceforth barred non-project personnel and non-facility staff from gaining access into any of its active project sites in Ogoniland without authorisation.
While appealing to residents of Ebubu Community and the public to remain calm, the Head of Communications assured them that the Project is taking prompt steps to restore water to the community, saying, the cause of the unfortunate incident is being investigated.
He equally noted that the Chief Security Officer of HYPREP has been directed to immediately tighten security across all its project sites in Ogoniland.
The statement said HYPREP is deeply concerned about the incident, stressing that despite the setback, the Project reiterates its commitment to delivering sustainable cleanup in Ogoniland.
News
198 UNIBEN Students Bag First Class
News
Bayelsa Education Fund, British Council trains tra 1,000 teachers
-
Niger Delta3 days agoBayelsa’s Aircraft Makes Inaugural Flight…As Lawmakers, Oil Minister, NDDC’S MD Hail Diri
-
Nation42 minutes agoOgoni Power Project: HYPREP Moves To Boost Capacity Of Personnel
-
Nation38 minutes ago
Hausa Community Lauds Council Boss Over Free Medical Outreach
-
Nation43 minutes ago
CDC Chairman, Youth Leader Hail Monarch Over Wrestling Festival Success
-
Nation39 minutes ago
Association Hails Rivers LG Chairmen, Urges Expansion Of Dev Projects
-
Rivers37 minutes ago
UNIPORT Moves To Tackle Insecurity … Inducts Security Experts
-
News45 minutes agoHYPREP Tightens Security At Project Sites
-
Nation44 minutes ago
Traditional Rulers Advise Khana Youths To Shun Politics Of Bitterness
