Blackjack is one of the popular games that several people know how to play and enjoy playing on a regular basis. This game has been mentioned in books, films, games and even music videos. It is the game that needs the perfect amounts of skill, knowledge as well as luck to play. And this game will positively offer you with hours and hours of thrill and enjoyment.
Every new blackjack player dreams of beating a casino in a long run if not of winning every hand. We all surf the net in search of different helpful tips and tricks or some guidance to help us win. So, here we come with some helpful online blackjack tips and tricks that will help you learn this game in an easy way.
Like poker, Blackjack is also a game of skill and fate. If you are a new player with little experience then stick to the following tips and tricks for now to learn the game efficiently.
Best ways to win at Blackjack
It is, undeniably, a game of chance, but more importantly, level-headedness and calm, mechanical calculation. Tolerance, staying power and spiritual respect to the rules of winning are what make all the difference.
Blackjack is a game of mathematical probabilities. In order to win:
- Come prepared
- Know the rules
- Use a good strategy
- Use your head, not your heart
- Keep you cool when trouble comes your way
Easy-to-Remember Playing Tips and Tricks
The fundamentals: statistically you amplify the odds in your favor if you:
- Splitting pairs of Aces and 8s.
- Separate twos, threes, sixes and sevens and nines (not if the dealer has 7 or higher)
- Double down with a total of ten but not if the dealer has a ten or an ace.
- Double down with eleven but not if the dealer has an ace.
- Take a hit with an 11 or less.
- If you have between 12 and 16, take a hit when the dealer’s card is seven or higher
- It is really an excellent plan to not take any more hits with a hard hand of 17 or higher.
- With a soft 18 take a hit if the dealer has a 6 or less.
- With a soft 17 or less always take a hit.
- Using the Basic Strategy.
- Dividing pairs of 10-value cards: 10s, Jacks, Queens or Kings.
- Buying insurance (dealers only even get a natural 30% of the time once he gets an ace, so it makes no sense to bet on him)
- Adhering to the ‘dealer rules.’
- Take any more hits with a soft 19
- If you are dealt a pair of 8s or Aces, split them. A pair of 8s totals 16; it is the most horrible blackjack hand and the Basic Strategy will have you stand in most cases.
- Vice versa, a pair of 10-value cards totals 20; it is a good hand to risk it.
- Never stick to the ‘dealer rules.’ Dealers must hit on 16 and stand on 17. You don’t have to go behind this rule. Don’t think the dealer and the player has equal rights. If both the player and the dealer not working, the dealer wins. For this reason this trick doesn’t work for the player, it works only for the dealer.
Tip and Trick #1: Pick the Right Casino
Players often ignore this all-important step, so I decided to start precisely with it. It is actually a really big thing to picking a good casino site for your future success and big wins at beating the online game. And that process is not even that hard the trick is to pick a trustworthy, well-known casino that features a lot of blackjack games and kind bonuses that you can use on them.
Do you believe that your preference of casino impact your winning chances? Truth is that not all online casinos are protected and trustworthy. Moreover, even if you have won fair and square, some of them might refuse to pay out your winnings. By opting for a certified and regulated online casino, you make safe yourself a fair chance at winning and, most highly, guaranteed payouts.
Tip and Trick #2: Know Your Game Inside Out
Not all online blackjack games are made from the same pattern. In fact, there are hardly any two blackjack variations that have exactly the same rules or features. Therefore, applying the same basic strategy for diverse games simply won’t work. Every little point about the game matters as it affects the house edge. You can learn about the specific rules of each variant from the help section of the game. Here is what information you should be looking for if you want to come across the best blackjack strategy for the game you’ve chosen.
- How much does a blackjack pay?
- How many decks are in the shoe?
- Can you double on any two cards or only with specific total?
- When can you split your hand and up to how many times?
- Are you allowed to double after splitting a hand?
- Are you allowed to hit split aces?
- Do you have the option to surrender and in which cases?
- Does the dealer hit a soft seventeen?
- Is there a 5-, 6- or a 7-card Charlie?
One more thing you should be aware of when finding for an appropriate online blackjack strategy is that there are some blackjack games that bear the same name but have different rules and, thus, different house edge. This is due to the fact that the games are provided by different software developers.
Tip and Trick #3: If you have a pair of aces or 8, Split them!
Normally when you have 2 identical cards in your hand, you have the possibility to take apart them into two. This is not always motivating, but if you have two aces or two 8, the best solution is to split them. Collectively, the aces have a sum of 12, but if you divide them, you can dig up twice 21. For the pair of 8, this is the worst hand possible. If you divide them, you have two chances of getting 18.
Tip and Trick #4: Do not split pairs of 10 or 6
A pair of 10 would be equal to 20. This hand is way too strong to take the risk to split them and acquire a bad hand. Splitting a pair of six will provide you the worst possible hand.
Tip and Trick #5: Never take insurance
This option remains set to the casino benefit, unless you count the cards. Counting cards is not possible when playing at the online blackjack.
The very basic rules of Blackjack come down to knowing when to split, double down, buy insurance (don’t) and when to take a hit.
When to hit in blackjack
- Hard 4 to 8
- Hard 9, double down if dealer has 2 to 6, else you should hit
- Hard 12 to 16, only when dealer has 7 to A
- Soft 13 to 15
- Soft 16 to 18, double down if dealer has 2 to 6, else you should hit
When to stand
- Hard 12 to 16 if dealer has 2 to 6
- Hard 17 to 21
- Soft 16 to 18 if dealer has 2 to 6
- Soft 19 to 21
When to double down
- Hard 9 vs. dealer’s 2 to 6
- Soft 16 to 18 vs. dealer’s 2 to 6
When to split
- When you have a pair of 2’s, 3’s, 6’s, 7’s or 9’s vs. dealer’s 2 to 6
- When you have a pair of 8’s and Aces
When to surrender
This is the one and only time you should surrender, without immunity. With all other combinations, the risk of getting a better hand is absolutely worth it, as it’s been proven mathematically.
- Hard 16 vs. dealer’s 10
The basic tips and tricks of the online blackjack is not a 100% winning policy, but it will decrease as a result the dealer’s benefit. The information above does not utterly reflect only blackjack tips and tricks; instead they offer a more simplified approach that is a right fit for beginners. Once you’ve mastered the very basics of the strategy, you can progressively move on towards mastering the entire rule set.