Connect with us

Oil & Energy

Belemaoil Contractors Protest Two-Year Non Payment

Published

on

Contractors working for an oil indigenous firm, Belemaoil Producing Limited (BPL), have staged a protest in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, for being owed for more than two years.
The protesting contractors who barricaded the entry and exit gates to the company’s Corporate Head Office on Odili Road, Port Harcourt, last week, paralysed the business activities of the company.
The chairman of the Forum of Vendors and Contractors, Mr. Nda Amachree, said that the aggrieved contractors had had several meetings with the company’s management on the matter to no avail.
According to him, “Recently, we met with the Manager, Pedro Dias, who assured us two weeks ago that we would start receiving our money from the day after the meeting which is two weeks ago, but to our greatest surprise, till now, all his promises have failed”.
He called on the Rivers State Government to wade into the matter to ensure payment of their money.
Also speaking, a contractor with the oil firm, Mr Brown Aboyi, expressed displeasure over the inability of the firm to clear debts owed the contracting firms, noting that the development was a mark of neglect by the firm.
He explained, “We do lubricants and we do chemical supplies and applications to Belemaoil. For a long while now, Belemaoil has been owing. Majority of the people you see here have outstanding payment since 2018 for jobs that have been done. We have continued to service and do inspection. But till today, we have not received payment”.
Aboyi further explained that, “they stipulate times that you will be paid. For Belemaoil, the service order is for 60 days, which means they pay every 60 days. As I speak, some have gone over 700 days, some 1,000 days and above, no payment. They claim that DPR has not paid, but, we have done our findings, DPR is not even owing Belemaoil.
“It is discouraging knowing that Belemaoil is an indigenous company. We felt the local content stuff is really gaining ground and for a company like this, an oil producing company, not an oil servicing company. When they invited us to work here, we felt this is our own, let’s support their operations and we were patient with them. But over time, they have proven to be insensitive and incompetent.
“We have come out because of their insensitivity to pay us. We want them to pay us all they owe us. Once that is done, we are at peace”.
However, the Field Security Coordinator, Belema Oil, Mr Oseremen Ehiagwinan, who spoke on behalf of the Executive Vice President of the company, when contacted, assured that contractors would be paid their monies soon.

 

By: Tonye Nria-Dappa

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Oil & Energy

NSCDC Parades Five Suspects Over 24,000 Litres Of AGO 

Published

on

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) last Friday paraded five suspected oil thieves caught with over 24,000 litres of illegally refined Automotive Gasoline Oil (AGO) concealed in sack bags in Rivers State.
Rivers State Commandant of NSCDC, Michael Besong Ogar, while parading the suspects, reiterated that there was no room for illegal oil bunkering activities in Rivers State, warning that perpetrators would be smoked out of their hideouts.
Ogar said the newly-reconstituted anti-vandal team has made successes in the relentless war against vandalism of oil pipelines and illegal dealings in petroleum products through massive arrests and subsequent prosecution of cases in the court.
“The Commandant General, Ahmed Abubakar Audi, has promised that in a short while there would be a drastic reduction and possible eradication of illegal dealings in petroleum products across the nation
“Our major task is to massively arrest oil pipelines vandals and their sponsors as we take the Anti-vandalism war to the enemies’ domain.
“The nation is losing millions of dollars per barrel due to the increase in pipelines vandalism and illegal oil bunkering, but I can assure you that this menace would be a thing of the past because we are fully committed to the mandate of the Corps’ in safeguarding all critical national assets and infrastructures.
“The suspects will be charged for contravening the Anti-sabotage Act, the Petroleum Act and the Miscellaneous offences Act 2004, laws of the Federation.
“They are: Ifegbu Uche ‘m’ aged 42years, Obinna Ogbonna ‘M’ 42years, Emmanuel Smart ‘m’ 19 years, Lawrence Gibson ‘m’ 35years, and Emeka Desmond ‘m’ 35years, who were arrested while conveying about 24,000 litres of illegally refined AGO concealed in sack bags and carefully packed in a Toyota Sequoia with plate number AbujaGWA386GVA; a Volkswagen Bus with Registration Number: Lagos APP 831 XX, which was intercepted at Abuloma Community in Port Harcourt, a Truck DA1700 with number plate KadunaXE653KA impounded at Abonnema Wharf, and a Ford E- 250 intercepted in Etche respectfully.
“We also intercepted and impounded another short white Mercedes truck with unquantified litres of illegally refined AGO along Ozuoba-Rumuigbo axis in Obio/Akpor LGA, Port Harcourt Rivers State.
“We are very excited that the court has resumed session as the suspects would definitely have their time in Court while application for forfeitures of the products and mode of conveyance would be made and proceeds be remitted in the Federal Government coffers,” NSCDC said.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Oil & Energy

Eni Decries Production Loss From Bayelsa Gas Pipeline Explosion 

Published

on

Eni, the Italian parent company to the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC), has said the impact of the Ogboinbiri/OB-OB gas pipeline explosion on gas output was significant.
Production data from NAOC shows that the incident cut Agip’s gas exports by 5million standard cubic meters per day.
Media Relations Manager, in charge of African Operations at Eni, Mr Domenico Spins, said the gas leak has been brought under control.
Spins in a statement announced that the incident was caused by sabotage and third-party interference.
“Eni confirms that a third party’s interference hacksaw cut caused a gas leak at the Ogbainbiri-Ob/Ob gas pipeline.
“The line is depressurised and is currently being repaired. Production losses due to the shutdown are important,” Eni stated.
The Director-General of the National Oil Spills Detection and Response Agency (NOSDRA), Dr Idris Musa, who confirmed the pipeline blast, said the agency would lead an investigation into the incident as soon as it is safe to do so.
NOSDRA had also directed NAOC to shut down the oil and gas wells feeding the breached pipeline to extinguish the pressure and pave the way for a Joint Investigative Visit.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Oil & Energy

FG Confiscates 20m Litres Of Illegally Refined AGO

Published

on

The Federal Government says the continued efforts by security agencies has led to the confiscation of over 20.2million litres of illegally refined Automotive Gasolme Oil (AGO), otherwise known as diesel.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, disclosed this in Port Harcourt while carrying out an aerial survey of illegal refinery sites and hotspots along the Nembe Creek Trunk Line and the Trans-Niger Pipelines’ right of way on Friday.
Mohammed said over 210 suspects have been arrested in its efforts to combat crude oil theft in the Niger Delta region, lamenting that the activities of vandals and economic saboteurs have severely impacted the country’s crude oil production.
The Minister said over 461,000 litres of Premium Motor Spirit, 843,000 litres of Dual-Purpose Kerosene, and 383,000 barrels of crude oil have also been confiscated.
He said an additional 365 illegal refining sites were destroyed, with about 1,054 refining ovens, 1,210 metal storage tanks, 838 dugout pits, and 346 reservoirs also destroyed.
“Since the post-covid pandemic recovery of crude oil prices, Nigeria has been unable to meet its OPEC Production quota, hurting the Nigerian economy.
“Due to the nefarious activities of vandals, Nigeria has been losing out on producing approximately 700,000 Barrels of oil daily. This volume is split between crude stolen and production deferment (shut-ins) due to legitimate fear of losing substantial volumes in transit.
“Terminal receipts have persistently declined, leading to decisions such as the Force Majure declared at the Bonny Oil and Gas Terminal in March 2022,” he said.
The Minister also disclosed that the NNPC Ltd had set up a new security architecture to serve as a solid response to detect, deter, and respond to the activities of vandals.
He said the security architecture leveraged collaboration between the Upstream operators, Industry Regulators, Government Security Agencies, and Private Security Contractors.
He further said NNPC Ltd.’s Command and Control Centre has been set up for round-the-clock monitoring of petroleum operations and activities within the Nigerian Exclusive Economic Zone.
According to him, all vessel movements within the Nigerian Exclusive Economic Zone as well as all Ship-to-ship activities within the same zone are now monitored.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Continue Reading

Trending