If you desire to do music full-time, then you have to approach music as a business. If you want to be successful in today’s industry, you must employ proven marketing and promotion strategies, use modern technology, and always treat music as a business.
Taking music as a business will make you always wary of competition because it is easy to substitute in business. Read on to learn other strategies you can employ in your music business.
Make great music
Making great music results in a shift in the music career as it gives it a positive direction. With good music, music starts being profitable, you garner a large loyal fan base and realize recognition from various chats. In music, you compete for people’s attention and recognition. You should go beyond your comfort zone to ensure you write good music.
Avoid making weak moves. If fans start to lament on your level of creativity, outsource lyrics from songwriters. This strategy ensures that fan satisfaction comes first, and they are set to be entertained with each release.
Fans have long memories, so always make sure your songs are up to standard before releasing them. Always work hard and employ unmatched strategies, including the options to convert m4a to mp3 to ensure you stay at the top and relevant. Converting files is easy and it ensures that you have the right format to play whenever you need.
After taking music as a business, focus on building good relationships with other businesses rather than reaching out to fans. These other businesses include radio presenters, event organizers, TV stations, DJs, established musicians, and websites covering the same genre that you have specialized in. Making your music reach out to the target audience is more important than making fans one by one.
Gigging helps raise awareness of musicians’ brand, generates money, and builds strong relationships with the audience. Gigs contain two types of audience that should be on your wishlist, die-hards of other musicians and general fans.
The easiest of the bunch to sway is the general genre fans but the other group of fans requires solid reasons so that they can switch their allegiance. This can be achieved by providing consistent quality music. Gigging also improves artists as performers and leads to relevant exposure.
New content is generated and posted every day. It is hard to stay on top if you do not post enough content for the ever-wanting consumers out there. Regular posts are aimed at keeping existing fans entertained and getting new fans in the process.
In online video sharing platforms like YouTube, frequent content updates are rewarding. Having much content there and a loyal fan base results in huge payouts in the form of royalties.
Having a personal website
Other than posting your songs on social media and online video-sharing platforms, having your website ensures that your fans have an all-in-one place where they can find your content. Keeping fans updated is of great essence. This is easily achieved by having a website that keeps fans informed of your next gigs, new development, what to expect next, and when there is new content available.
Newsletters are the most convenient way to communicate with fans. On your website, prompt fans to leave their email address. These email addresses will be used to share appropriate messages with fans, act as reminders, and share any other development in your career.
Having a publicist that works in conjunction with you is very beneficial. Most successful artists work with a publicist. The publicist is responsible for media engagement, special event organizing, and creating stories about your music that news-mongers will be eager to hear.
A competent publicist should help you get attention from the media, resulting in interviews and even better, getting featured in magazines and shows.
Tour of your content creation
Record behind-the-scenes clips and share them with interested parties via your website, social media, and online video-sharing platforms. Fans are always curious about how their favorite music came into existence. Behind-the-scenes include clips of you while writing your song’s lyrics, live recordings, and even scenes from the official video.
For those in bands, define roles for each member. These roles may include content creation, marketing, social media handle management, and posting updates. To avoid being overwhelmed, solo artists should secure a team who will deal with other roles, in turn, leaving him/her with humble time to be creative and deliver great content.
When artists decide to venture into music as a business, it doesn’t end with good music production alone. Good music is accompanied by marketing and promotions. Good marketing strategies and proven promotion methods result in more revenue, expanded recognition, and may even result in endorsements from companies.
Seven Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure
Many people do not know that low blood pressure is dangerous, perhaps more fatal than high blood pressure. An optimal blood pressure reading is less than 120mm Hg and above 80 mm Hg. The first number indicates the systolic pressure or the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats and fills with them with blood. The second number represents the diastolic pressure which is the pressure in the arteries when the heart rests between beats. Low blood pressure or hypotension may cause inadequate blood flow to the heart, brain, and other vital organs. A sudden drop in blood pressure often occurs when someone suddenly rises from a lying down or sitting position. This is called postural hypo-tension and may cause light-headedness and dizziness. There are some home remedies for low blood pressure that you can employ in order to deal with the symptoms of erratic blood pressure. But if you’ve been feeling the following symptoms for a while, consult your doctor and get your blood pressure measured, fatigue, light-headedness, dizziness, nausea, clammy skin, loss of consciousness, blurry vision.
Once your doctor confirms that your blood pressure is low, follow his advice and take medication if required. A healthy low blood pressure diet is important for low blood pressure treatment. Along with that, here’s more homely help. Your diet plays a crucial role in maintaining your blood pressure.
1. Eat small portions frequently: Healthy snacking sessions in-between the major meals of the day to avoid long gaps. Eating small portions several times of the day helps in preventing the sudden drop in blood pressure that one may experience after meals. So, if you are eating three full meals a day, it would be better to rather have them distributed in to five small meals a day. This one’s a great home remedy for also people who have diabetes.
2. Have adequate salt: Excess salt is bad, but on the other hand it is required by your body in moderate quantities. According to the World Health Organisation, your daily diet must contain at one teaspoon of added salt besides what you derive from natural from fruits and vegetables. In summers or if you exercise daily, keep some lime water with a pinch of salt handy. Salt works like an instant pick-me-up. Make sure you do not have too much salt too that may lead to problems like water retention along with high blood pressure.
3. Drink more fluids: Drink at least two to three litres of water every day. Besides this, include drinks like coconut water, in your low blood pressure diet. These will give you the necessary electrolytes required to maintain the fluids in your body. Dehydration is a common cause of low blood pressure. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols and may help you lower your blood pressure. One of the best ways to fight dehydration is water; so, do not forget to load up on enough water for the day.
4. Caffeine helps: Caffeinated beverages like tea or coffee may help boost your blood pressure temporarily. When your blood pressure dips suddenly, a cup of coffee or tea can get your circulation going. It causes short, but dramatic increase in your blood pressure. Although nobody knows why this happens, but it is believed to help your improve your blood pressure.
5. Scent Leaves: “A home remedy from our granny’s treasure trove. Chew five to six tulsi leaves every morning,” suggests Dr. Rupali. Tulsi leaves have high levels of potassium, magnesium and vitamin c which can help in regulating your blood pressure. It is also loaded with an antioxidant called Eugenol which keeps the blood pressure under control and lowers cholesterol levels.
6. Almond Milk: Soak 5 to 6 almonds overnight, peel them in the morning, make a paste and boil them into a drink. Drink this every day to prevent your blood pressure from falling. There is no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. In fact, it is rich in healthy fats like Omega-3 fatty acids. Include this milk in your low blood pressure diet; basically, you can add it to your cereals, smoothies, et al and enjoy the goodness of the almond milk.
Adapted from NDTV Food online
By: Kevin Nengia
Covid-19: Pregnant Woman, 15 Others Die In Edo
The Edo State Government has confirmed the death of a 33-year-old pregnant woman at Stella Obasanjo Hospital in Benin and 15 other persons across other Covid-19 facilities.
Head of the state’s Coronavirus Case Management, Dr Ebomwonyi Osagie, who disclosed this at the daily press briefing on the virus, however, said that the victims were not vaccinated.
“This particular patient came in and died about three hours after presentation at the Stella Obasanjo Hospital; late presentation is a major issue in managing crisis.
“She is about 28 weeks pregnant, already having pre-eclampsia, so, the debate is actually if it is the pre-eclampsia that killed her or Covid-19.
“The woman has Covid-19, which pushed her more toward developing pre-eclampsia and then death. Some other women have pre-eclampsia and are successfully managed.
“Late presentation is an issue, because the patient died three hours after presentation, which means that there is little that would have been done to manage the situation, so, we are appealing to private hospitals to let patients go very early for treatment.
All You Need To Know About The Same Day PCR Test In London
The COVID-19 pandemic has put the world into a spiral, prompting the healthcare industry to respond by developing and rapidly adopting infection-detection technologies. Many of these tests aid doctors and researchers in precisely identifying the virus that causes COVID-19, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
These tests have proved critical in identifying and locating cases of infection and disease-related morbidity and mortality—the usage of same day PCR London can aid in the detection of viruses with quick results. Let’s take a closer look at it.
What Is A COVID-19 PCR Test?
The acronym PCR stands for a polymerase chain reaction. It looks for genetic information from a particular organism, like a virus. If you’ve had a virus at the beginning of the trial, the test may identify its existence. Even if you’re no longer sick, the examination may reveal remnants of the virus. PCR London is required for all travellers departing and arriving in London.
This test examines your upper respiratory samples for the genetic code (ribonucleic acid or RNA) of SARS-CoV-2, the infectious COVID-19. Using the same day PCR London approach, tiny amounts of RNA from specimens are magnified into DNAs repeated until SARS-CoV-2 is identified.
The same day PCR test in London was the standard method for detecting COVID-19 since its release in February 2020.Some changes have been made to the test in order to make it more effective and accurate since this point.
Three Steps On Taking A Same Day PCR Test In London
The COVID-19 PCR test in London consists of three key steps:
A swab is used to gather respiratory debris discovered in your nose by a healthcare expert. A swab is a long, elastic tool with a smooth end that enters your nose. Nasal swabs, which gather a sample directly within your nostrils, and nasopharyngeal swabs, which collect a specimen farther into the nasal cavity, are two kinds of nose swabs.
Gathering samples for the COVID-19 same day PCR London test may be done with any type of swab. The swab is packed in a tube and shipped to a facility upon picking. When a research professional obtains a sample, they separate (extract) the genetic material from the other of the sample’s contents.
The PCR process, which involves specific chemicals a, is next performed. The test tube’s quantity of specified genetic information grows and changes. After several trials, the test tube contains millions of copies of a tiny piece of the SARS-CoV-2 virus’s genetic information.
Who Need To Get Tested?
Travellers are required to get the same day PCR London screening. If you experience any of the following symptoms, you may need to complete a covid test to ensure that you are free from the virus.
- Fever or chills are two symptoms of a fever
- Breathing difficulties or shortness of breath
- Aches in the muscles or throughout the body
- Loss of smell and taste
- Sore throat
- Congestion or a runny nose
- Vomiting or nausea
Business3 days ago
CBN Opens N500,000 Grants Portal For Graduates, Undergraduates
Politics3 days ago
Senate Agrees With Buhari On Direct Primaries
Business3 days ago
PenCom Completes Review Of Pension Reform Act 2014
Women3 days ago
Looking Trendy In African Prints
Business3 days ago
Economic Growth, Determining Factor For Policies In 2023 – Stockbrokers
Business3 days ago
Speed Up Resolutions On Tax Disputes, FIRS Urges Tribunals
Niger Delta3 days ago
Police, Civil Defence Clash Over ‘Illegal Oil Bunkering Site’ In Rivers
Politics3 days ago
PDP Has Capacity To Rescue Nigeria – Akawor