The dream of every upcoming artiste is to be signed to one of the biggest Record Labels as a stepping stone towards achieving stardom. In Nigeria there are various record labels ruling the music industry among which are the top 10 biggest and richest record labels in their descending order of prominence. They include the following:
10) Chocolate City Record Label: The Chocolate City Record label under the leadership of M. I. Abaga was founded in 2005. The record label has produced several acts like Jesse Jagz M.I. Ice Prince, Brymo etc. It is currently housing young talents like C. Key, Blagbonez, Dice Ailes and Young L.
9) DM Records: Timaya and his label executives have made an amazing impact following the signing of King Perrgy, gifting the young star the right management and funding he deserves to record a massive hit with Teni lifted ‘Murder’. Since then the label has been moving from strength to strength.
Timaya on the other hand served us the Chulo Vibes. EP. DM records with just two years in existence has done pretty good.
8) Pent Hauze: With over five awards, four studio albums and the 2019 endorsement with Tom Tom, Phyno has positively led Pent Hauze to glory. After signing Nuno, Rhatti and Cheque, Pent Hauze dropped 2019 singles, The ‘Big’ and ‘Agu’ with Phyno’s Third studio album ‘Deal With It’ as a solo act. Pent Hauze debuts as one of the biggest and richest record labels in Nigeria.
7) Star Boy Entertainment: Star Boy Fan Club (FC) won’t agree less that Wizkid Entertainment has dropped just three singles in 2019 ‘On Me’, ‘Same You’ and ‘Won Stop’ by Teni. The label has not had any single from Wizkid to further boost the brand. This year as Terri has once again failed to take up the mantle for star boy entertainment as he keeps living under Wizkid’s Shadows. Wizkid with a new endorsement deal with United Bank For Africa (UBA) bagged in some millions for the record label.
6) Effyzzie Music Group: Nigeria’s Effyzzie music group has proven to be a renowned music firm after releasing Yemi Alade’s ‘King Queens’ debut album in 2014 and Johnny The record label has since then led ‘Yemi Alade to her 4th Studio album ‘Woman of Steel’ in 2019 and two MTV Africa Awards in 2015 and 2016.
Effyzzie music group has recorded a massive success with Yemi Alade and thus becomes one of the biggest and richest- record labels.
5) Dr Dolor Entertainment: Teni is today a household name, courtesy of Dr. Dolor Entertainment. The record label led the talented singer and song writer, Teni to three awards in 2018 (including the headies) award and a 2019 BET awards nomination.
Teni as the lead act of the film joined the record label in 2017 and has since then bagged amazing endorsement deals with Pepsi Nigeria, Budweiser, Tom Tom and Tecno Mobile. Dr. Dolor is the fifth biggest and richest record labels in 2019.
4) YBNL: Olamide’s YBNL which birthed in 2012 is the 4th biggest and richest record label on Nigeria 2019. YBNL has been topping charts on every media and streaming platforms with 2019 singles ‘Oil and Gas’ from Olamide and Fireboy’s “Jealous” and “What 41 Say”.
With a new found talent, YBNL retains its lead as one of the greatest record labels in the country. Fireboy, who Was signed in October 2018, recently earned an AFRIMA nomination.
3)Spaceship Entertainment: Spaceship Entertainment birthed in 2015 by Africa’s most sensational act Burna Boy couldn’t have missed the list. Burna Boy and Spaceship Entertainment have gradually risen to the top from almost noting.
With 7 individual awards, including the most recent BET International award and his 3rd studio album under his own imprint. Spaceship entertainment, Burna Boy have successfully branded and sold his label to the world.
2) Mavin Record: Don Jazzy led Mavin Records resurrected in 2019 after losing Tiwa Savage, Reekado Banks to Universal Music and Bank Music earlier in 2019. The record label found their saviour in Rema, who hasn’t just restored the label’s glory but has gone already to break several records with the label with hit singles like ‘Dumebi’ and ‘Iron Man’. By Rema, it houses artists like Ladi, Poe, DNA, Cray on, Johnny Drille etc with a multi million naira investment deal from Pupanga Holdings, Mavin retains its spot as one of the biggest and richest record labels in the county.
1) DMW Entertainment: Davido music world wide (DMW) had displaced Mavin records in 2019, taking the crown as the biggest and richest record label in Nigeria. DMW boss Davido, discovered Mayorkan in 2016 and handed him his first ever concert ‘Mayor of Lagos’ within two years.
DMW gifts Dremo, his second EP following his success on his debut EP Code name VOI 1 barely 10 months after joining the reputable record label.
In 2019, DMW had dropped two hit singles as label, ‘BUM BUM’ and ‘Only God’ making her the only label with seven singles and Visaals Twisted, prayer, Aze, ‘mind’ and Azu without going further.
Chief Amachree Pays Tribute To Late Ernest Adeleye
The Father of Tourism in Nigeria and President, Centre for Promotion of Peace, Tourism, Arts and Culture (CEPTAC), Chief (Dr) Mike S. Amachree has paid tribute to the former Military Governor of Rivers State, late Air Vice Marshall Ernest Olawumi Adeleye who recently passed on to the great beyond.
He recalled the selfless commitment of late Ernest Adeleye to the development of the tourism sector as he was responsible for the establishment and commissioning of the famous Port Harcourt Tourist Beach in 1990, as well as the promotion of other tourist sites in the state.
He noted that his achievements in the tourism sector in the state will remain ever green in the minds of the good people of the Rivers State.
The Tourism mogul sincerely condoled with the family, The Nigerin Airforce Authority, the Ekiti State government and Nigeria as a whole for the irreparable loss and prayed God to grant his soul perfect peace.
Patoranking Releases New Music, Abule
Date: July 29, 2020
Song Title: Abule
Video Director: TBA
Details/Takeaway: The single is a celebration of his Lagos neighbourhood, Ebute Metta and of hoods worldwide – premiered, yesterday on Beats 1 with Ebro and is out now on all DSPs.
The release of ‘Abule’ will be supported by several digital initiatives and a music video dropping August 5, all with the theme of representing and protecting your hood.
“I’m proud to be from my abule, because to have made it coming from there it’s only by God’s grace”, Patoranking says. “It’s made me who I am today and it’s part of my story. So I waste no opportunity to let people know about my ghetto.
“I feel it’s important through this new song to give my fans a chance to celebrate their own abules. And to protect their abules, too. Back in May, my team and I partnered with Ebele and Anyichuks Foundation to go to many ghettos across Lagos to give away masks and relief items. It’s important we stay safe and do part to protect”.
Wizkid Gets Grand Concert Piano On 30th Birthday
In July 16, Nigerian music superstar, Wizkid turned 30 in the faraway United Kingdom and he got a grand concert piano as one of his numerous gifts.
The new piano was delivered to the singer’s high-end home in London just in time for his 30th birthday.
The singer woke up to a birthday surprise, allegedly organized by his baby mama, Jada Pollock and his management team.
Sources didn’t divulge who bought the piano as a birthday gift for Wizkid but the cost of the grand concert piano was touted at almost 1000 pounds.
The signer was also reported to have had another round of surprise in a music studio, where he had gone for a recording.
Few days after his birthday celebration, Wizkid shared a picture of his new musical instrument on his Instagram story.
In a picture, Wizkid was spotted trying his hands on the piano. He also shared another picture of his third son, Zion, playing around the piano.
It is unsure if Wizkid has acquired some piano lessons, the singer has not been seen playing any musical instrument at gigs or shows since he began in the last decade.
Sports4 days ago
FIBA Named Oguchi Player Of The Year
Politics4 days ago
PDP, ADC Knock FG On N800bn Recovery Fund Claim
Politics4 days ago
Eid-el-Kabir: Senate President Felicitates With Muslims
Politics4 days ago
Enugu Assembly Passes Revised 2020 Budget Of N146bn
Niger Delta4 days ago
NAPTIP Embarks On Walk Against Trafficking In Persons
Niger Delta4 days ago
Bayelsa Promises To Curb Gender-Based Violence, Child Abuse
Entertainment4 days ago
The ‘Men’s Club’ Kicks Off Season 3
Politics4 days ago
Edo Guber : You Can’t Sell A Bad Product