The dream of every upcoming artiste is to be signed to one of the biggest Record Labels as a stepping stone towards achieving stardom. In Nigeria there are various record labels ruling the music industry among which are the top 10 biggest and richest record labels in their descending order of prominence. They include the following:
10) Chocolate City Record Label: The Chocolate City Record label under the leadership of M. I. Abaga was founded in 2005. The record label has produced several acts like Jesse Jagz M.I. Ice Prince, Brymo etc. It is currently housing young talents like C. Key, Blagbonez, Dice Ailes and Young L.
9) DM Records: Timaya and his label executives have made an amazing impact following the signing of King Perrgy, gifting the young star the right management and funding he deserves to record a massive hit with Teni lifted ‘Murder’. Since then the label has been moving from strength to strength.
Timaya on the other hand served us the Chulo Vibes. EP. DM records with just two years in existence has done pretty good.
8) Pent Hauze: With over five awards, four studio albums and the 2019 endorsement with Tom Tom, Phyno has positively led Pent Hauze to glory. After signing Nuno, Rhatti and Cheque, Pent Hauze dropped 2019 singles, The ‘Big’ and ‘Agu’ with Phyno’s Third studio album ‘Deal With It’ as a solo act. Pent Hauze debuts as one of the biggest and richest record labels in Nigeria.
7) Star Boy Entertainment: Star Boy Fan Club (FC) won’t agree less that Wizkid Entertainment has dropped just three singles in 2019 ‘On Me’, ‘Same You’ and ‘Won Stop’ by Teni. The label has not had any single from Wizkid to further boost the brand. This year as Terri has once again failed to take up the mantle for star boy entertainment as he keeps living under Wizkid’s Shadows. Wizkid with a new endorsement deal with United Bank For Africa (UBA) bagged in some millions for the record label.
6) Effyzzie Music Group: Nigeria’s Effyzzie music group has proven to be a renowned music firm after releasing Yemi Alade’s ‘King Queens’ debut album in 2014 and Johnny The record label has since then led ‘Yemi Alade to her 4th Studio album ‘Woman of Steel’ in 2019 and two MTV Africa Awards in 2015 and 2016.
Effyzzie music group has recorded a massive success with Yemi Alade and thus becomes one of the biggest and richest- record labels.
5) Dr Dolor Entertainment: Teni is today a household name, courtesy of Dr. Dolor Entertainment. The record label led the talented singer and song writer, Teni to three awards in 2018 (including the headies) award and a 2019 BET awards nomination.
Teni as the lead act of the film joined the record label in 2017 and has since then bagged amazing endorsement deals with Pepsi Nigeria, Budweiser, Tom Tom and Tecno Mobile. Dr. Dolor is the fifth biggest and richest record labels in 2019.
4) YBNL: Olamide’s YBNL which birthed in 2012 is the 4th biggest and richest record label on Nigeria 2019. YBNL has been topping charts on every media and streaming platforms with 2019 singles ‘Oil and Gas’ from Olamide and Fireboy’s “Jealous” and “What 41 Say”.
With a new found talent, YBNL retains its lead as one of the greatest record labels in the country. Fireboy, who Was signed in October 2018, recently earned an AFRIMA nomination.
3)Spaceship Entertainment: Spaceship Entertainment birthed in 2015 by Africa’s most sensational act Burna Boy couldn’t have missed the list. Burna Boy and Spaceship Entertainment have gradually risen to the top from almost noting.
With 7 individual awards, including the most recent BET International award and his 3rd studio album under his own imprint. Spaceship entertainment, Burna Boy have successfully branded and sold his label to the world.
2) Mavin Record: Don Jazzy led Mavin Records resurrected in 2019 after losing Tiwa Savage, Reekado Banks to Universal Music and Bank Music earlier in 2019. The record label found their saviour in Rema, who hasn’t just restored the label’s glory but has gone already to break several records with the label with hit singles like ‘Dumebi’ and ‘Iron Man’. By Rema, it houses artists like Ladi, Poe, DNA, Cray on, Johnny Drille etc with a multi million naira investment deal from Pupanga Holdings, Mavin retains its spot as one of the biggest and richest record labels in the county.
1) DMW Entertainment: Davido music world wide (DMW) had displaced Mavin records in 2019, taking the crown as the biggest and richest record label in Nigeria. DMW boss Davido, discovered Mayorkan in 2016 and handed him his first ever concert ‘Mayor of Lagos’ within two years.
DMW gifts Dremo, his second EP following his success on his debut EP Code name VOI 1 barely 10 months after joining the reputable record label.
In 2019, DMW had dropped two hit singles as label, ‘BUM BUM’ and ‘Only God’ making her the only label with seven singles and Visaals Twisted, prayer, Aze, ‘mind’ and Azu without going further.
Why Women In Nollywood Have More Money Than Men – Linda Osifo
Ebony Nigerian actress, Linda Osifo has opened up on why women in the movie industry are more successful than their male counterparts.
When asked why women do better, have more cars than the men in the industry, Osifo, speaking during an interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Rubbing Minds, said there are so many more avenues for women to make money than men.
According to her, actresses have ambassadorial deals from wig brands, skin care, clothing brands, which is why some of them have more money than men and are able to acquire houses.
“As a woman compared to a man I have more options to get more jobs than a man.
“I can advertise hair, wigs, shoes and a wide range of clothes from brands which most men cannot. The ratio of men to women is 1:3 which makes the market wider for us.
“I’ve become a brand ambassador to skincare brands and that’s an industry that men don’t dominate and conquer so this is how women are more successful.
“Women have more opportunities to make money.”
The 29-year-old actress said the mentality of the society that a woman can’t make it on her own is the reason for the rumours that most actresses have illicit affairs.
“I’ve come to understand that society has the mindset that most women can’t succeed on their own. It’s a big problem because there are many women who are doing so much for themselves,” she added.
She noted that social media plays an important role in an actor’s career because we are in a digital world but talent sustains your success.
“The more people on social media platforms, the more you can market to them, but at the end of the day talent sustains success,” she said.
The Voice Nigeria 3: How Darey Pushed Esther To Victory
The Voice Nigeria Season three came to a crescendo last Saturday night when 23-year-old Esther Benyeogo emerged as the winner of the music reality TV show.
With Esther’s victory at the keenly contested competition, Darey Art Alade has engraved his name on the list of the Voice Nigeria coaches whose talent emerged winners.
The journey to victory for Esther began with a blind audition that had a total of 32 talents performing to get the attention of any coach in order to get a turnaround.
In the third week of the show, Esther made her first appearance at the blind auditions. Her rendition of Andra Day’s ‘Rise Up’ erupted the first teary emotion on the show as coaches Darey, Waje and Falz turned to canvass for her acceptance into their teams. After her rendition of the song, Waje couldn’t hold back her tears as she got emotional and cried while heaping accolades and commendations on the graduate of the University of Benin.
Settling into Team Darey with Rachel, Ayomikun, Jeremiah, Blescene, and Dapo, Esther made no mistake of saving her powerful voice for the last round, she displayed her dexterity and brilliance from the knockouts where she was sent straight to the battles after her rendition of Westlife’s ‘Flying Without Wings.’
The Delta indigene didn’t settle for less as she conquered Jeremiah on the battlefield to qualify for the live show.
Her final performance at the grand finale elicited cheers and claps from the studio audience.
Though not new to winning singing competitions, Esther says, winning The Voice Nigeria 3 is special because she’s recognised for her singing abilities.
“I am grateful to The Voice Nigeria and my fans out there for this amazing experience. It has been my utmost joy to come on your screens every week and share my gift on such a huge platform. This win is even more special for me because it is one thing to know you have a gift, but it means everything to be recognised for that gift. I must however give thanks to God without whom I would not be here today and also appreciate my family and friends for their love, support, and prayers,” she stated.
With every of her step, Darey couldn’t help but shower accolades on Esther, who had won God’s Children Great Talent Season 7 contest in 2017 at age 19, after she emerged first runner-up in the Next Big Teen talent in 2012.
“Of course, I am thankful to my Coach, Coach Darey, for making my time here truly rewarding, and for equipping me with the skills to give this my best shot,” she said of her coach.
I Hope Nobody Else Dies Before PSquare Reconcile – Ayo Animashaun
Media entrepreneur, Ayo Animashaun, has urged former PSquare duo, Peter and Paul Okoye, to settle their differences and not wait until they lose another person.
The executive producer shared a photo of members of the defunct Plantashun Boyz, 2face Idibia, Blackface and Faze after they had made peace at the ‘Night of Tribute’ in honour of late Sound Sultan in Terra Kulture, Lagos State on Sunday, July 25, 2021.
The singers were at some point called upstage and urged to reconcile as a way to honour the late singer, who was their bosom friend and colleague.
They agreed, embraced peace and even performed their classic songs together on stage.
Holding photo of the Plantashun Boiz which he described as his ‘picture of the month’, Animashaun called on the Okoye twin brothers to follow suit while hoping they do not lose any life before they eventually do the needful.
He wrote: “My picture of the month….I hope we don’t lose another life before @iamkingrudy and @peterpsquare realise it’s their turn to bury the hatchet. @therealblackfacenaija @fazealone @official2baba.”
- Politics5 days ago
Andoni Chairman Tasks Councillors On Capacity Dev
- Politics5 days ago
RSG To Seal Dirty Business Places, Illegal Motor Parks
- Sports5 days ago
Coach Expresses Joy Over Players’ Performance
- News5 days ago
Cyber Crime: FBI Declares Six Nigerians Most Wanted
- Politics5 days ago
Soludo: ‘INEC Must Redeem Self’
- Politics5 days ago
INEC Registers 9,261 Online In C’River
- Niger Delta4 days ago
Bayelsa Govt Approves Allowance Arrears For Ex-Councillors
- Niger Delta5 days ago
Monarch Charges FG, Others On Abandoned Road Projects