The decade in view is between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2019.
1. Fall by Davido (153 million views): The song is the biggest cross-over Nigerian pop song ever. It charted on Billboard’s digital airplay chart. The weirdness is how the song began charting in the US two years after its release. Cardi B also leaked an unreleased remix to the song.
2.Way Maker by Sinach (136 million views): This is the biggest Nigerian cross-over song ever. It is sung in churches across the world and performed by Kanye West’s Sunday Service Choir.
3.Pana by Tekno (116 million views): In 2016, this song was huge in the US – especially the major cities. Ebro Darden confirmed it in a chat with Davido on Ebro In The Morning circa 2018.
4.Johnny by Yemi Alade (111 million views): This was the biggest pop song by a female Nigerian artist in the past decade. It also catapulted Yemi Alade into superstardom.
5.Mad Over You by Runtown (98 million views): This was the song that defined an entire era of Nigerian music. This era was the heavy Ghana-influenced sound of 2016. It was also the biggest song of 2016.
6. If by Davido (97 million views): ‘Fall’ might have been the biggest cross-over song from Davido’s immense 2017 run, but ‘IF’ started that run.
7. Personally by P-Square (95 million views): This was one of the final mega hits of P Square’s run.
8. Do Like That by Korede Bello (89 million views): A surprise on the list, considering it’s not even close to being Bello’s biggest song.
9. Come Closer by Wizkid (86 million views): This was the second collaboration between Wizkid and Drake. The song was slightly lukewarm in Nigeria, but it was a pivotal part of ‘afrobeats to the world.’
10. On The Low by Burna Boy (85 million views): After Burna’s run with his sixth studio project, Outside, this was his follow-up single and boy, did it blow up?
11.Kontrol by Maleek Berry (76 million views): Despite Maleek Berry’s 2017 run, this is another surprise on the list.
12.Collabo by P-Square (75.5 million views): This was a power collaboration in Nigerian music. Don Jazzy ran a hook with longtime pals, P Square. They were also dramatic in the music video – three men obsessing over a beautiful woman.
13. Bank Alert by P-Square (75.3 million views): This was another one of the final hits P Square had.
14. FIA by Davido (71 million views): In Nigeria, this was arguably Davido’s biggest hit of 2017 – it was as if the song stayed true to its title. Upon release, it went nuclear.
15. Shekini by P-Square (70 million views): This is P Square’s third entrance on the list.
16. Duro by Tekno (68.7 million views): This was the second song on Tekno’s immense 2016 run.
17.I Know Who I Am by Sinach (68.5 million views): This was the Nigerian gospel song of 2015 – everywhere, people make noise.
18. Soco by Wizkid (62 million views): After a fairly lukewarm 2017, Wizkid returned with a bang of bangs. ‘Soco’ was arguably Nigeria’s song of the year for 2018.
19. Aye by Davido (58 million views): This is Davido’s fourth entry on the list.
20.Only You Jesus by Ada (56 million views): The third gospel song on this list.
Kunle Afolayan’s Film ‘Citation’ Hits Cinemas, August
Renowned film maker, Kunle Afolayan, has announced a prospective release date for his anticipated new feature film, ‘citation’, staring Temi Otedola.
Kunle’s sex for grades themed movie is gunning for an August 2020 theatrical release, the film maker confirmed this during a meeting live chat where he spoke extensively about the movie’s release.
He revealed that while the coronavirus pandemic may have affected productions, he is excited that his team had concluded primary photography before the coronavirus influenced lockdown.
“Thankfully we were able to complete the shooting of the film, we have also started post production before the entire COVID-19 started and we already have a hit, but because of the lockdown, things have slowed down.
The upcoming movie starring Temi Otedola, Jimemy Jeam Louis, Sadig Daba and Gabriel Afolayan will also be available on Netflix before the year runs out as confirmed by Afolayan who further revealed that he was already in talks with the American streamer.
COVID-19: Emohua Monarch Cancels 116th Birthday Celebration
Following the current global Coronavirus pandemic ravaging the world, the monarch of Emohua Clan in Emohua Local Government Area (EMOLGA), Rivers State, His Royal Majesty V.C.B. Okor, (Mgbo XII) has cancelled his 116th Birthday celebration in compliance with the state government’s ban on social gathering to prevent the spread of the deadly virus in the community.
In his birthday message to the people of the area, the monarch urged them to celebrate the birthday in their houses and abide by the various measures government has put in place to prevent the spread of the virus and stay safe.
The monarch who spoke through his son, Prince (Amb) Chigozi Okor noted that he is happy with the level of compliance and improved hygiene among the people, as they had been properly informed and sensitised on the dangers of non compliance by the town crier and health officials.
Eze VCB Okor commended the governor of the state for the various measures he put in place to curb the spread of the virus in the state. He noted that the temporary measures were taken in good faith to protect the lives of the people as he called for fervent prayer for God’s intervention and solution to the ravaging pandemic.
He called on the state and local governments to extend their palliative measures to the people of the community to cushion the effects of the lockdown.
The monarch thanked the Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, (Engr) Emeka Woke and Ohna Sergeant Awuse for ensuring security and peaceful coexistence in the community.
Multi Choice Rewards Customers With Package Upgrade
DSTV and GOTV subscribers who have fully paid their subscriptions will enjoy an upgrade at no cost. The leading video entertainment company, multi choice Nigeria which made the announcement, Monday said it is part of its commitment to lessen the impact of the ongoing social economic crisis due to COVID-19.
“It is our priority to put customers at the heart of everything we do”, said the company’s chief customer service officer, Martin Mabutho.
“And in line with our mission to make great entertainment available even during the most trying of times. We are giving our loyal and valued customers base a chance to experience a wider range of the quality content we carry on our other packages. This is our token of appreciation for their continued support”, Mabutho said.
According to him, starting on Monday, April 20, DSTV customers on DSTV Compact Plus, Compact, Confarm, Family, Yanga and Access who pay for their current package or reconnect will be up graded to a higher package.
He added that this would afford them the opportunity of experiencing a wider viewing experience. DSTV Access Customers will have access to international shows on real time, Nollywood on Africa Magic Epic and Rok 2.
Mabutho stated that subscribers on the family bouquet will have access to movies and TV on TNT Africa and BET Customers on the compact package will have access to international and local entertainment on I Magic, Africa Magic Showcase and M-net movies Premiere and Comedy Central.
For GOTV customers, he said the offer will be available to GOTV Jollc, GOTV Plus GOTV Jinga, Value and Life Packages.
This provides GOTV lite and value customers access to E! Entertainment, FOX life and PBS, adding that GOTV Plus Customers will have more programmes on the GOTV Jollc Package such as CBS Reality and TNT Africa.
While GOTV Jollc customers will enjoy 75 channels options available on GOTV Max like BET, Starlife, Discovery ID and Cartoon Network.
News4 days ago
Bayelsa Govt Advises Retirees To Remain Calm, Stop Lobbying For Payment Of Gratuity
Featured5 days ago
COVID-19: Rivers State Governor, Wike Sues For Understanding
Featured5 days ago
We Are Committed To Deepening Democracy, Says Rivers State Governor Wike
Opinion5 days ago
Sokonte Davies And The Folly Of Speaking When Silence Is Better
Featured3 days ago
Governor Wike’s Reply To Governor Uzodinma Was Concocted – RSG
Featured3 days ago
Calls To Head COVID-19 Team Handiwork Of Mischief Makers Says Rivers State Deputy Governor, Ipalibo Banigo
Featured2 days ago
Be Role Models In COVID-19 Campaign, Nsirim Charges Religious Leaders …RSG To Arrest People Who Refuse To Wear Face Mask
News5 days ago
COVID-19: Psychiatric Hospital Workers Stage Peaceful Protest In C’River