In past times, it was difficult to keep up with entertainment because there were no easy or accesible platforms. But recently with the advent of technology, news on any kind of entertainment is possible to reach not minding where the individual is at the moment.
Over the years, things have been in growth motion the entertainment industry. There is a great up spring of artists in the film and music especially. Alot of new talents are emerging on a daily basis. The population of the industry is on the increase. Evaluating this fact from 2017 till date, it is clearly oblivious that alot has changed and the light of development is shining fourth. Presently, in movies you will see different new faces and in music, alot of new jams. They wax stronger by the day.
On the aspect of internet, and social media, the entertainment industry has alot of development there, people stay at home to watch movies, download songs from the internet and listen to them,. The effort of the internet has also assisted artists to reach out the world. Our entertainment products and services cut across nigeria from analysis of the past 4years. There is a current very high demand in the entertainment industry. For instance, the just concluded BBN big brother najia show was a boom. People subscribed massively to that programme and that is entertainment. The internet, use of mobile phones, laptops and other gadgets made things easier because alot of people saw that show on their mobile phones, everyday.
In past times, entertainment doesnot yield much to people involved, but now it has become a buoyant career and the financial status of artists are not made to suffer. The entertainment industry has said to withness 25.5% growth which amounted to $3.8million rise of $605 million of an estimated $764 million rise of internet access, all in 2018. To this notable effect, artist are deriving quite a huge sum of finanicial relief from the entertainment they involve in, this could also be seen as good reasons why the upcoming artist strive to develop their talents and sign into the industry proper. If this aspect of comedy is been viewed under this light, it is been discovered that comedians use quite huge amount of money to host their shows, and get even more after the show.
In 2003,the film “blood sisters”was produced. If that is taken for instance, the costume, graphics and production of the movie cannot be compared to a recent movie like “bling lagosians” even in structure and style of screen writing, they are different. If all these are observed even from a distance, it is clear that they are alot of differences in-between. The transfiguration from then to now, with these features, are termed development.
Alot has changed and cannot be written down at once, but the much that can be told, will be told. In as much as the entertainment industry has suffered alot of back slides and still have some issues that have been left unaddressed, presently, it is striving to inform and entertain the public in its best and possible way. Some people see entertainment functions as “immoral” but one truth is that most people like what is done there. In recent times, entertainment now applies to our everyday life.
By: Favour Agu
Nigeria Dominates At Sound City Awards Festival
The Sound City (MVP) award festival took place on January 11 at Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos and Several Nigerian music stars won big at the event. The event which saw the amazing performances from top African music stars including Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno and Diamond Platrnz among others left the audience enthralled and excited for what the evening held.
Well as expected, several Nigerian stars shone bright at the event as they snagged awards in different categories. Burna Boy for one emerged winner in the three different categories, while Davido, Fireboy, Teni, Joe boy and Tiwa Savage won an award each in other categories. Rave of the moment, Rema snagged the new MVP award.
The winners are:
– Best new MVP – Rema (Nigeria)
– Best collaboration – ‘Gugulethu’ Prince Kaybee (South Africa)
– Best pop-Joe boy (Nigeria)
– Best Hip hop – Khaligrah Jones (Kenya)
– Best Duo – Dope Nation (Ghana)
– Africa producer of the year-Rexxie (Nigeria)
– Best female (MVP) Teni (Nigeria)
– Best male (MVP) – Burna Boy (Nigeria)
– African DJ of the year-DJ Sping II (Nigeria)
– Digital Artiste of the year – Davido (Nigeria)
– Listeners choice Award-‘Jealousy’ – Fireboy NML (Nigeria)
– Video of the year-Tiwa Savage by Meji Alabi (Nigeria)
– Song of the year -‘Killin Demi Burna boy (Nigeria)
– Meanwhile, the 13th edition of the Headies award which took place at Eko Hotel and Suites witnessed amazing performances from talented acts as well a Nigerian celebrities turning up in style.
Teni and Falz were some of the big winners of the night. While Teni won four awards, for Best Vocal performance (female), Best recording of the year, best pop single and Headies viewers choice awards, Falz bagged three awards for best rap singer, best rap album and album of the year awards.
Top 20 Most Viewed Nigerian Music Videos Of The Decade
The decade in view is between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2019.
1. Fall by Davido (153 million views): The song is the biggest cross-over Nigerian pop song ever. It charted on Billboard’s digital airplay chart. The weirdness is how the song began charting in the US two years after its release. Cardi B also leaked an unreleased remix to the song.
2.Way Maker by Sinach (136 million views): This is the biggest Nigerian cross-over song ever. It is sung in churches across the world and performed by Kanye West’s Sunday Service Choir.
3.Pana by Tekno (116 million views): In 2016, this song was huge in the US – especially the major cities. Ebro Darden confirmed it in a chat with Davido on Ebro In The Morning circa 2018.
4.Johnny by Yemi Alade (111 million views): This was the biggest pop song by a female Nigerian artist in the past decade. It also catapulted Yemi Alade into superstardom.
5.Mad Over You by Runtown (98 million views): This was the song that defined an entire era of Nigerian music. This era was the heavy Ghana-influenced sound of 2016. It was also the biggest song of 2016.
6. If by Davido (97 million views): ‘Fall’ might have been the biggest cross-over song from Davido’s immense 2017 run, but ‘IF’ started that run.
7. Personally by P-Square (95 million views): This was one of the final mega hits of P Square’s run.
8. Do Like That by Korede Bello (89 million views): A surprise on the list, considering it’s not even close to being Bello’s biggest song.
9. Come Closer by Wizkid (86 million views): This was the second collaboration between Wizkid and Drake. The song was slightly lukewarm in Nigeria, but it was a pivotal part of ‘afrobeats to the world.’
10. On The Low by Burna Boy (85 million views): After Burna’s run with his sixth studio project, Outside, this was his follow-up single and boy, did it blow up?
11.Kontrol by Maleek Berry (76 million views): Despite Maleek Berry’s 2017 run, this is another surprise on the list.
12.Collabo by P-Square (75.5 million views): This was a power collaboration in Nigerian music. Don Jazzy ran a hook with longtime pals, P Square. They were also dramatic in the music video – three men obsessing over a beautiful woman.
13. Bank Alert by P-Square (75.3 million views): This was another one of the final hits P Square had.
14. FIA by Davido (71 million views): In Nigeria, this was arguably Davido’s biggest hit of 2017 – it was as if the song stayed true to its title. Upon release, it went nuclear.
15. Shekini by P-Square (70 million views): This is P Square’s third entrance on the list.
16. Duro by Tekno (68.7 million views): This was the second song on Tekno’s immense 2016 run.
17.I Know Who I Am by Sinach (68.5 million views): This was the Nigerian gospel song of 2015 – everywhere, people make noise.
18. Soco by Wizkid (62 million views): After a fairly lukewarm 2017, Wizkid returned with a bang of bangs. ‘Soco’ was arguably Nigeria’s song of the year for 2018.
19. Aye by Davido (58 million views): This is Davido’s fourth entry on the list.
20.Only You Jesus by Ada (56 million views): The third gospel song on this list.
Davido Goes To Church With Crew
Nigerian music super star, David Adeleke popularly known by his stage name ‘Davido’ recently left many social media visors impressed after he attended church with his cousin, B – Red and his crew.
For many super stars, time is often a luxury with their busy schedule and many confess to not having enough free time to even spend sometimes with their God in their places of worship.
However, Davido proved one can never be too busy for God when he attended church with his boys. He took to his instastory to share videos from his time spent praising and worshipping God in a church.
It was only a few months ago when he proved himself a man who takes his spiritual life seriously as he left social media buzzing with excitement with a video from the naming ceremony of his son on which he was praying for his new born son and fiancée Chioma.
In the video, the ‘Risky’ crooner can be heard thanking God for their lives and for keeping himself and Chioma together as they have known each other since he was 18 years.
He prayed that his son will grow to become a better man and achieve move than he has done.
Meanwhile, the singer has shared some of the goals he intends to achieve in 2020. According to him, he will be adding to his collection of luxury properties, buy new cars, houses and private jets.
The music star also shared a video on his instagram page in which he was spotted with wealthy business mogul, Soso Soberekon who handed him some foreign currencies which the singer sprayed around the living room.
Featured3 days ago
Judgement On Imo Guber Tussle: S’Court’s Sack Of Ihedioha, Sad Commentary, PDP Declares …Mixed Feelings Greet Verdict Declaring Uzodinma Winner …As Apex Court Decides Tambuwal’s Fate, Monday
Business4 days ago
Customs Shortlists 162,399 Candidates For Aptitude Test
Sports4 days ago
Enyimba FC’s Chairman Threatens To Quit
Politics4 days ago
Imo: INEC Releases Schedule For Supplementary Elections
Politics4 days ago
Abia Guber: Otti Accepts S’Court Verdict Poll …Insists Ikpeazu, PDP Rigged
Sports3 days ago
Madrid President Praises Zidane
Sports3 days ago
Dangote Promises To Buy Arsenal
Sports3 days ago
‘Why Nigerian Clubs Are Struggling In Africa’