Connect with us

Entertainment

Duncan Mighty Debunks Wife Battery Allegation …Explains Why He Bowed For Davido

Published

on

Nigerian music star, Duncan Wene Mighty also known as Port Harcourt First Son has denied reports that he battered his wife. According to reports on the social media platforms recently the Port Harcourt born singer assaulted his wife.
Reacting, Duncan Mighty said some people were out to break his marriage, adding that such persons would not succeed. The artiste, who is currently making waves in the music industry passed his message via Instagram.
He wrote: “the next news will be that I use my wife (to make sacrifice) to come back to the music industry. What do you gain in tarnishing my image with lies that I brutalised my own wife? My life and journey to get her wasn’t by Duncan Might, but by God. For your information, my marriage is not one of those you people brake down and will never be.
“For your information, I am the winner of my marriage, my wife and kids can’t do without Daddy every moment. The more you make people hate me, the more they love me”.
Meanwhile, last week, Duncan Mighty shared a video of him bowing down to Davido on his Instagram page. Fans of the ‘Fake Love’ crooner criticised him for belittling himself before a 25 year old singer who met him in the music business.
In the video, the 34-year-old Ikwerre born musician appreciated Davido for doing a collaboration with him, saying the new song would open up the entire Niger Delta region and set the space for an unprecedented growth of entertainment in the region.
Explaining why Duncan Mighty bowed down for Davido, his manager, Michael Gabriel was said to have stated that Duncan bowed out of sheer happiness.
He stated: “Duncan was just happy to have Davido in the Niger Delta, it was the first time he would visit for a video shoot.
“It is a big deal for someone like Davido to come to Port Harcourt and for Duncan Mighty to collaborate with him as well. He didn’t plan to bow to anybody, he was just excited. But people misinterpreted his gesture sometimes, there is no need to react to things like this because you will only give people more reasons to talk.
“When I mentioned it to him, he just focused on other things and wanted to know the next thing on the agenda. Criticism drives traffic to a brand and it has helped us. We have been in the news for the past two months, so people can continue to talk while we continue to trend.
“There is no week Duncan doesn’t have more than 1000 new followers on Instagram, if you do something people must talk, Pastor Enoch Adeboye suffers criticism despite being a man of God, former President Goodluck Jonathan did his best, yet he was criticised, Duncan’s schedule is tight, as he is everywhere now, I receive calls from almost every part of the world from people who want to do one thing or the other with him and they are ready to pay whatever amount.
“I last saw Duncan three weeks ago before I did again on Thursday after the video shoot in Port Harcourt, he followed Davido in his private jet to Lagos almost immediately”.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

N20m For Grabs As Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, Others Contest

Published

on

Nigerian social media space is bustling with activities as top Nigerian celebrities drawn from music, movies and football sectors lock horns in an online engagement contest hosted by the Nigerian Social Media Awards whose grand finale is slated for December 11, 2021 at Eko Hotel and suites, Victoria Island Lagos.
     Celebrities competing in the Naija Game of Thrones category are 2Baba, Davido, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage, Wizkid, Olamide, Don Jazzy and Genevieve Nnaji, while Phyno, Victor Osimhen, Kelechi Iheanacho, King Rudy, Yemi Alade, Funke Akindele Bello, Timaya and Mr. P are contesting in the Naija x Factor category.
      A confirmation of the degree of engagement the celebrities have with their online fans, the contestants involve the fans visiting the website to vote for them to boost the celebrities opportunity to win N20 million grand prize that would be paid to the celebrities to support his/her corporate social responsibility project.
     The project manager Nigeria social media awards, Francis Amirize in a statement said the social media which a few years ago started as a fun spot has today metamorphosed into an opinion shaping part of existence which can no longer be ignored in the marketing of brands projects and personalities.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Egwu Ogba Holds, August 9

Published

on

The Umu-Akoku Family of  Erema Town, Egi in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State has fixed 9th of August, 2021 as date for this year’s Egwu Ogba festival.
August 9, according to the family source,  falls within eight Nkwo market days from the nineth of July 2021, when the declaration was made.
 The declaration of the date was made by Elder Elijah Obulor on behalf of Elder Andrew Nwaoma who is the eldest member of Umu- Akoku family of  Erema at the ancient Anamaoji play ground.
Speaking earlier in an interview with The Tide,  the oldest member of the Umu-Akoku Family, Erema, Elder Andrew Nwaoma said the festival has no iota of  fetism in it, stressing that it is a celebration of the culture of the Egi people.
Elder Nwaoma said Egwu-Ogba also fosters peace and unity, stressing that it is a celebration of all persons irrespective of their religious creed.
Also speaking, the head chief of Umu-Akoku Royal Family of Erema, Chief Ikenna Obulor said the celebration has remained the same despite the influx of different religions  into Erema.
Chief Obulor said Egwu Ogba brings peace, prosperity and oneness to the entire Ogba Kingdom.
He used the occasion to refute alleged rumour of fighting during the ceremony, stressing that the entire place is peaceful.
The eldest son of Andrew Nwaoma, Bro. Kayedi Nwaoma said the present generation will ensure that the festival does not die.
Also speaking, the Eze Egi of Ogbaland, Eze (Prof) Anele Uzondu Wokoma said Egwu Ogba represents the feast of passover for the Egi people.
Wokoma said the festival brings bumper harvest to the Egi people as well as fosters unity in the Kingdom.

By: John Bibor

Continue Reading

Entertainment

BB Naija Season Six Begins, ’Morrow

Published

on

Multi Choice Nigeria, Monday, revealed that Season 6 of the Big Brother Naija Reality TV Show will begin on July 24.
      Disclosing this while briefing journalists, Multi choice customer officer, Martin Mabudu, said that this year’s edition of the reality show would run for 72 days and end on October 3, 2021.
   Recall that Olamilekan Agbeleshe also known as Layon won BB Naija lockdown edition last year. He went home with N30 million cash prize, a two bedroom apartment, courtesy of Revolution Plus, a top of the range SUV from Nigerian automaker, Innoson Motors, a trip to Dublin, courtesy of Guinness and home appliances courtesy of Scan Frost.
  Others are trip to Dubai, packaged by Travel Beta, a year’s supply of Indomie noodles, Munch it and Colgate toothpaste, a year’s supply of Pepsi, a branded chiller trip to watch the UEFA Champions League final and a branded new oppo mobile smartphone.
  In 2019, BBNaija winner, Mercy Eke, won N30 million prize money as well as other mouth-watering gifts.

Continue Reading

Trending