It is no gainsaying the fact
that Nigeria’s movie industry known as Nollywood, the third movie clan in the world after Hollywood of America and Nollywood of India is among the three main sectors of the nation’s entertainment clan, namely comedy, music and movies, but going by available records, Nollywood has recorded more controversies and scandals.
Some of the most celebrated in this field include the following actresses who are in the A-List (Class in the make believe industry.
Tonto Dike: She is seen by movie buffs as the most controversial and scandalized actress in the history of Nollywood. Apart from falling on stage in London, she is also fond of picking quarrels with her colleagues. Some years back she took on a popular Gollywood cum Nollywood actor Van Vicker, while on movie location in Festac town of Lagos State. She was reported to have puffed cigarette at the A-List actor and damned the consequence.
She was also reported to had not hidden her hatred for Mercy Johnson who many believe act more than her. Years ago, the Ikwerre, Rivers State born screen goddess was in the heat for controversies for her role in soft porm film released to the market where she acted alongside Jibola Dabo and Mona Obiekwe.
The fair complexioned role interpreter is also said to be friendly with alcoholic drinks and smokes heavily. She has been said to have had affairs with a few music stars including Don Jazzy Iyanya amongst others, but has not sustained any of the affairs for long. What makes her case surprising for many is the fact that she does not care about what some of her actions could do to her career.
Empress Njamah: Though she has been missing in action in Nollywood, these days, but prior to this time, she has been involved in few scandals that put her in the front page of entertainment magazines.
Her relationship with popular musician Timaya was without controversial news stores and gossips. It was reliably gathered that Timaya was reportedly beaten up by some military officers because of her.
Apart from that, news went viral on the internet about her alleged sex scandal with ‘big eyes’ (Segun Arinze) and taken the guy to a high level of romance, but the story turned out to be lies.
Ini Edo: This Akwa Ibom State born actress also had to do with many controversies, mostly sex scandals. Some years ago was alleged to have warmed the bed of a state governor from the south –south region of Nigeria.
It was even reported that the first lady of the state got wind of it and allegedly stopped the actress from her amorous affairs with the governor. Ini Edo who is now married to US based, Edo State born businessman, Philip Ehiagwina was in the news few years ago for allegedly patronizing a club with a man. The news raised dust at that time as her husband claimed she was not in the club as at that time as reported.
Genevieve Nnaji: She has also been involved in some scandals. Some years ago she was in the news for allegedly lubricating the “Lolly Pop” of a top and highly transit politician who obeys the land porting very well. Even that, the new brand ambassador of Etisalat was alleged to have fought dirty with a fellow actress over access to the presidency as well as the alleged romance with the Koko-master, D-banj.
The A-List actress has also been scandalized on issues that border on sex on several occasions and she is said not to be having a stable relationship till date.
Uche Iwuji: She is another actress with more than one scandal trailing her, some years ago, she was involved in a nude scandal mess with another lady while she was a student of University of Lagos (UNILAG). The same incident resurfaced late 2013. Apart from her nude photograph which went viral in the internet she was alleged to have had extra marital affair with a bank managing director.
It was reported that in late 2013, her marriage with an oil and gas bigboy, Juwon Lawal crashed because of the alleged affairs with the banker.
Last weekend, the Kogi born businessman released a statement that the marriage which was contracted in November 2012 has ended. The 15 month old marriage produced a baby boy in August 2013.
According to the oil magnate the marriage broke down due to irreconcilable differences bordering mainly on Uche’s alleged past alliances with men. She has always been unlucky with relationships as her past affairs with various men have always proved unrewarding.
She is seen as a god mother by some up and coming actresses in Nollywood especially those in the Yoruba movie industry. Sometime she was said to have pimped a colleague, Iyabo Ojo for Senator Musilnie Obanikoro during the former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship stint in Ghana as High commissioner to the country.
It was during this time Iyabo took her crew to Ghana to shot some parts of her film titled ‘Arinzo’. The actress has also been romantically linked with some men in the past. She is presently married to an American based Nigerian.
Additional report from first magazine.
Nigeria Dominates At Sound City Awards Festival
The Sound City (MVP) award festival took place on January 11 at Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos and Several Nigerian music stars won big at the event. The event which saw the amazing performances from top African music stars including Davido, Tiwa Savage, Tekno and Diamond Platrnz among others left the audience enthralled and excited for what the evening held.
Well as expected, several Nigerian stars shone bright at the event as they snagged awards in different categories. Burna Boy for one emerged winner in the three different categories, while Davido, Fireboy, Teni, Joe boy and Tiwa Savage won an award each in other categories. Rave of the moment, Rema snagged the new MVP award.
The winners are:
– Best new MVP – Rema (Nigeria)
– Best collaboration – ‘Gugulethu’ Prince Kaybee (South Africa)
– Best pop-Joe boy (Nigeria)
– Best Hip hop – Khaligrah Jones (Kenya)
– Best Duo – Dope Nation (Ghana)
– Africa producer of the year-Rexxie (Nigeria)
– Best female (MVP) Teni (Nigeria)
– Best male (MVP) – Burna Boy (Nigeria)
– African DJ of the year-DJ Sping II (Nigeria)
– Digital Artiste of the year – Davido (Nigeria)
– Listeners choice Award-‘Jealousy’ – Fireboy NML (Nigeria)
– Video of the year-Tiwa Savage by Meji Alabi (Nigeria)
– Song of the year -‘Killin Demi Burna boy (Nigeria)
– Meanwhile, the 13th edition of the Headies award which took place at Eko Hotel and Suites witnessed amazing performances from talented acts as well a Nigerian celebrities turning up in style.
Teni and Falz were some of the big winners of the night. While Teni won four awards, for Best Vocal performance (female), Best recording of the year, best pop single and Headies viewers choice awards, Falz bagged three awards for best rap singer, best rap album and album of the year awards.
Top 20 Most Viewed Nigerian Music Videos Of The Decade
The decade in view is between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2019.
1. Fall by Davido (153 million views): The song is the biggest cross-over Nigerian pop song ever. It charted on Billboard’s digital airplay chart. The weirdness is how the song began charting in the US two years after its release. Cardi B also leaked an unreleased remix to the song.
2.Way Maker by Sinach (136 million views): This is the biggest Nigerian cross-over song ever. It is sung in churches across the world and performed by Kanye West’s Sunday Service Choir.
3.Pana by Tekno (116 million views): In 2016, this song was huge in the US – especially the major cities. Ebro Darden confirmed it in a chat with Davido on Ebro In The Morning circa 2018.
4.Johnny by Yemi Alade (111 million views): This was the biggest pop song by a female Nigerian artist in the past decade. It also catapulted Yemi Alade into superstardom.
5.Mad Over You by Runtown (98 million views): This was the song that defined an entire era of Nigerian music. This era was the heavy Ghana-influenced sound of 2016. It was also the biggest song of 2016.
6. If by Davido (97 million views): ‘Fall’ might have been the biggest cross-over song from Davido’s immense 2017 run, but ‘IF’ started that run.
7. Personally by P-Square (95 million views): This was one of the final mega hits of P Square’s run.
8. Do Like That by Korede Bello (89 million views): A surprise on the list, considering it’s not even close to being Bello’s biggest song.
9. Come Closer by Wizkid (86 million views): This was the second collaboration between Wizkid and Drake. The song was slightly lukewarm in Nigeria, but it was a pivotal part of ‘afrobeats to the world.’
10. On The Low by Burna Boy (85 million views): After Burna’s run with his sixth studio project, Outside, this was his follow-up single and boy, did it blow up?
11.Kontrol by Maleek Berry (76 million views): Despite Maleek Berry’s 2017 run, this is another surprise on the list.
12.Collabo by P-Square (75.5 million views): This was a power collaboration in Nigerian music. Don Jazzy ran a hook with longtime pals, P Square. They were also dramatic in the music video – three men obsessing over a beautiful woman.
13. Bank Alert by P-Square (75.3 million views): This was another one of the final hits P Square had.
14. FIA by Davido (71 million views): In Nigeria, this was arguably Davido’s biggest hit of 2017 – it was as if the song stayed true to its title. Upon release, it went nuclear.
15. Shekini by P-Square (70 million views): This is P Square’s third entrance on the list.
16. Duro by Tekno (68.7 million views): This was the second song on Tekno’s immense 2016 run.
17.I Know Who I Am by Sinach (68.5 million views): This was the Nigerian gospel song of 2015 – everywhere, people make noise.
18. Soco by Wizkid (62 million views): After a fairly lukewarm 2017, Wizkid returned with a bang of bangs. ‘Soco’ was arguably Nigeria’s song of the year for 2018.
19. Aye by Davido (58 million views): This is Davido’s fourth entry on the list.
20.Only You Jesus by Ada (56 million views): The third gospel song on this list.
Davido Goes To Church With Crew
Nigerian music super star, David Adeleke popularly known by his stage name ‘Davido’ recently left many social media visors impressed after he attended church with his cousin, B – Red and his crew.
For many super stars, time is often a luxury with their busy schedule and many confess to not having enough free time to even spend sometimes with their God in their places of worship.
However, Davido proved one can never be too busy for God when he attended church with his boys. He took to his instastory to share videos from his time spent praising and worshipping God in a church.
It was only a few months ago when he proved himself a man who takes his spiritual life seriously as he left social media buzzing with excitement with a video from the naming ceremony of his son on which he was praying for his new born son and fiancée Chioma.
In the video, the ‘Risky’ crooner can be heard thanking God for their lives and for keeping himself and Chioma together as they have known each other since he was 18 years.
He prayed that his son will grow to become a better man and achieve move than he has done.
Meanwhile, the singer has shared some of the goals he intends to achieve in 2020. According to him, he will be adding to his collection of luxury properties, buy new cars, houses and private jets.
The music star also shared a video on his instagram page in which he was spotted with wealthy business mogul, Soso Soberekon who handed him some foreign currencies which the singer sprayed around the living room.
Featured4 days ago
Judgement On Imo Guber Tussle: S’Court’s Sack Of Ihedioha, Sad Commentary, PDP Declares …Mixed Feelings Greet Verdict Declaring Uzodinma Winner …As Apex Court Decides Tambuwal’s Fate, Monday
Business4 days ago
Customs Shortlists 162,399 Candidates For Aptitude Test
Politics4 days ago
Imo: INEC Releases Schedule For Supplementary Elections
Sports4 days ago
Enyimba FC’s Chairman Threatens To Quit
Sports4 days ago
Dangote Promises To Buy Arsenal
Sports4 days ago
‘Why Nigerian Clubs Are Struggling In Africa’
Politics4 days ago
Abia Guber: Otti Accepts S’Court Verdict Poll …Insists Ikpeazu, PDP Rigged
Sports4 days ago
Madrid President Praises Zidane