Nation

NARD Seeks FG’s Response On Hazard Allowance Over Planned Strike

Published

on

The Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) has said the Federal Government was yet to reach out to it for possible meeting over the two-week strike ultimatum the union declared following the failure of the government to implement the new hazard allowance rate proposed in December 2021.
Recall that the National Salaries, Wages and Income Commission, in a circular dated December 21, 2021, announced the approval of the new hazard allowance rate.
The implementation of the new rate, was, however yet to begin.
The NARD had last week during a National Executive Council meeting held in Nasarawa State, called on the government to implement the new hazard allowance rate or face strike, giving a two-week ultimatum.
Speaking with newsmen  in Abuja, Sunday, the National Publicity Secretary, NARD, Dr. Alfa Yusuf, noted that the government has not reached out to the union.
Yusuf said “the government has not called us for any official meeting yet as regards to that. The association is trying its best to see how the government will address the concern and demands of the association.
“Strike is not what everybody wants especially in the health care sector but then, looking at the way the country is, sometimes it just makes you use your last resort to ask for what is your right that naturally should come without you even asking.
“We hope and think before the expiration of the ultimatum, the government will see the need to address all our demands and concerns so that there won’t be need for any industrial action.

“There is no fixed amount the association is asking from the government but there are several demands as contained in our communiqué we want them to address.”

The association however, expressed hopes that the government would do the needful to avert the strike action.

Trending

Exit mobile version