News

326 Nigerians Leave Libya

Published

on

Some 326 Nigerians were evacuated from Libya on Saturday by the International Office of Migration, NEMA said yesterday.

The spokesman for the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr Yushua Shuaib, told newsmen that the stranded evacuees were brought in two batches.

He said with the new arrivals, more than 4,000 Nigerians had so far been repatriated from Libya since 2011.

It will be recalled that the evacuation of Nigerians from Libya began following an uprising against the 42-year-old rule of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi in February 2011.

Trending

Exit mobile version